Gransnet forums

Travel

Anyone know if grandson can take his DS on the plane? as in hand luggage?

(12 Posts)
bikergran Fri 10-Feb-12 21:01:19

Daughter/partner and grandson off for much needed weeks holiday to Teneriffe, daughter hasn't flown for over 2 yrs so not sure of rules n regs..and I have no idea! we were just wondering if the DS was allowed as think ist 4 hrs flight.......but don't wnat to risk taking it and having it confiscated! does ayone know? thanks all smile

tanith Fri 10-Feb-12 21:17:11

Of course he can take it but you will get instructions about when you can and can't use it...

yogagran Fri 10-Feb-12 21:31:25

And keep the volume low (or even off if possible) shock

jeni Fri 10-Feb-12 21:41:04

What is a DS?

yogagran Fri 10-Feb-12 21:52:34

Nintendo DS - a small hand held games gadget. I've got one complete with a couple of "brain training" cards that slot into them. Not that the brain training does much good...confused
It appeals to a wide age range as you can get literally hundreds of games etc for them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

bikergran Fri 10-Feb-12 21:59:57

thanks all..and eys I am sure if the stewardess ask his to turn it off etc he will!! do as he is told...not like when grandma asks him!!! lol...

jeni Fri 10-Feb-12 22:14:38

Oh! Does that mean I could take a wifit+,if I had one?Qgrin

yogagran Fri 10-Feb-12 22:31:21

That could be interesting!

jeni Fri 10-Feb-12 22:34:09

Just imagine ' air hostess demonstrating emergency procedures in wifit board'!
[snigger] emoticon grin

Annobel Fri 10-Feb-12 23:05:31

You can play games on your phone on the plane, as long as you have it in airplane mode, so I don't think there's a problem with a DS. As far as I remember, you are asked to turn off electronic devices during take-off and landing.

Jacey Sat 11-Feb-12 12:00:11

That's right Annobel

The only other thing I would suggest is that it is put into one of those trays ...as you would any electronic item and not leave it in his backpck to go through the screening process

Greatnan Sat 11-Feb-12 18:29:26

He will be told to take any electrical/electronic devices out of his hand luggage and put them in a separate tray for screening.