Gransnet forums

Travel

Any one coming to Malaysia?

(6 Posts)
Ash Sun 18-Mar-12 16:27:10

Any one coming to Malaysia?

Greatnan Sun 18-Mar-12 18:02:18

I am thinking of stopping for a week on Redang on my way back from New Zealand in February. My daughter lived in Malaysia for three years and I visited several times and discovered snorkeling in The Perhrentians. I also visited Langkawa, Penang, Tioman an Redang, the Cameron Highlands , Ipoh and KL, of course. I must check out the weather - I don't want to be there in the monsoon season, but I think that is around November. Where are you?

mrshat Sun 18-Mar-12 19:36:08

I wish! envy

ClaraB Wed 04-Apr-12 22:54:21

I have just booked to go to Singapore and Langkawi at the end of September. Have booked the Andaman which looks amazing smile

nightowl Wed 04-Apr-12 23:17:23

Oh ClaraB I am so envious!!! I visited Singapore and Langkawi where I stayed at the Andaman in 2003 and I had the most wonderful holiday ever. You will absolutely love the Andaman,it is like heaven. I will never forget that terrifying taxi ride from the airport in a rickety old car at breakneck speed in the dark, then coming into a vision of paradise complete with stunningly beautiful staff ready to cater for your every need. And the backdrop of rain forest with monkeys on the beach, who would come into the room and steal your fruit if you weren't careful. Not to mention the azure sea.....

Lucky lucky you sunshine

Greatnan Thu 05-Apr-12 10:08:22

ClaraB - I do hope you are going to take the snorkeling trip - last time I was on Langkawi the coral was still wonderful.