Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

soaps

(13 Posts)
grannymags Tue 10-May-11 18:43:05

are there any soap loving grannies out there? apart from myself smile

Hattie64 Tue 10-May-11 19:54:03

I gave up the soaps years ago, but have to confess to sneaking a peek now and then of the worst soap ever, that is Neighbours, it gets worse by the week.

grannymags Tue 10-May-11 20:07:15

haven't watched neighbours in a long time eastenders and corrie are my favs

milkflake Tue 10-May-11 20:58:41

I love soaps, Corrie, Emmerdale, the 2 Aussie ones, very mind relaxing tv, just what I need at times smile
Dont watch East Enders or Hollyoaks

nanapippa Tue 10-May-11 20:59:18

I love Corrie, Easties and Emerdale and get really cross with people who diss them. I think the script writers are very clever, some of the story lines may be a little way out, but so are story lines in books and films so what's the difference? I find it a good way to relax after a busy day while I am knitting and I don't care what other people think. Soaps are like Marmite, you love them or hate them, but we can all make our own decisions....

grannymags Tue 10-May-11 21:17:48

Well said nanapippa smile

supernana Thu 12-May-11 11:46:47

Corrie for me smile

Divawithattitude Thu 12-May-11 15:52:28

Rather partial to Neighbours but rarely catch it in the evenings now - even the 7pm showing......do they still do a catch up at the weekend sometime?

SkyesGran Sat 14-May-11 14:12:38

Hi,

I started watching Neighbours right from the beginning as I had just had my first baby, so had given up work. I have been pretty much hooked since then. Sad, really!

I am also an avid Corrie and Emmerdale fan too. I don't like Eastenders as it is too depressing. Besides which, I would never have time to watch them all!

janthea Tue 17-May-11 12:19:00

I gave up on the soaps years ago. Their plots were so ridiculous!

grannymags Tue 17-May-11 18:46:57

I know the plots can be a bit far fetched but I still find them a welcome distraction at times especially when Ive had a busy day at work and just want to relax with a nice G&T smile

grannymags Wed 18-May-11 18:51:54

Anyone else looking forward to the soap awards tonight?

artygran Tue 24-May-11 22:31:41

I have watched Corrie from the first episode - even when we lived in Singapore in the sixties. Ena Sharples dubbed into Chinese with English subtitles! Hilarious! I wish they would get rid of nutty John though, he's getting on my nerves. I also like Emmerdale. The storylines are absolute tosh most of the time, but who cares!