Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Torchwood

(21 Posts)
HildaW Wed 07-Sep-11 18:06:28

Lucid, funnily enough I can remember discussing things with my dear Granny that I could not with my Mum. Granny was very down to earth and had lots of time for me whilst poor Mum was always far to harrassed for a heart to heart.

lucid Fri 26-Aug-11 20:26:08

Have had a very interesting conversation with my 15 yr old GD today....I know she watches and loves the programme. She was glad her mother wasn't watching with her but didn't seem a bit bothered about discussing it with me. The generation gap is wonderful isn't it. Although I can't imagine discussing 'gay' issues with my grandmother blush
Have to say JB has a wonderful derriere......

Hattie64 Fri 26-Aug-11 19:57:26

It has been going a few weeks now,but can't say I am enamoured by it at all. I read an article that stated it wasn't so popular as Capt. Jack has such a small presence, well last night made up for it. Now I am not a prude, but thought it went a bit too far, especially knowing that my daughter tapes it for my 11 year old Grandson!!! I had to warn her today about the content.

Joan Sun 17-Jul-11 01:59:37

Just watched episode 2 - I love it, especially when Gwen does her tough and furious thing. Loved the visual reference to 'The Exorcist'.

glammanana Sat 16-Jul-11 20:14:01

Didn't Torchwood start this week ? Just watched John Barrowman in "To-nights
The Night" he is fabulous pity he is taken,all the good lookers are taken by good
looking men such a shame

Annika Sat 16-Jul-11 19:03:24

Any one else think John has lost weight

JessM Sat 16-Jul-11 15:04:30

Maybe its the fact that he has, at last, started to age...

susiecb Sat 16-Jul-11 13:59:48

I thought his cheeks had caved in - has he had a facelift perhaps? by aliens?

JessM Sat 16-Jul-11 09:43:44

The teeth are very white! But he is playing an immortal...

susiecb Sat 16-Jul-11 09:16:29

I have just watched my very first episdoe of Torchwood and I think I could get into it. John Barrowman looked different to when I saw him singing on Strictly - has something happened to his face/teeth?

Joan Sat 16-Jul-11 03:11:50

Me too. Though I would prefer it all in Britain, I guess the finances make the US content essential.

JessM Fri 15-Jul-11 21:21:18

OK, what did we think about the new made-partly-in-america version.
With a an ex-star of ER to boot.
Gorgeous shots of one of the most beautiful places in the country of course, but i am biased (Rhossili bay)
Lovely baby. Torchwood with baby...? Is she going to get left with her Gran to get her out of the way and is that Una Stubbs doing a good job with a welsh accent?
Not sure that the US bits and the welsh bits blended well, but we shall see.
Miss all those seedy and non-seedy Cardiff area locations. The underground den and the rest of the team. Is the baby going to step up?
You can tell it is on a much bigger budget as the BBC wales version could never have afforded the helicopter.
I will definitely keep watching.

Joan Sat 11-Jun-11 08:20:18

I meant IS gorgeous. Why can't we edit after we've posted?

Joan Wed 08-Jun-11 08:04:43

Annika, yes, John Barrowman ID gorgeous isn't he? Not available to the mortal woman though...

JessM Tue 07-Jun-11 23:04:29

oh good Dr Who for grown ups. And they are Welsh. Phew. There has been nothing on telly I wanted to watch since The Crimson Petal and the White . That is despite only 1 hour tv a day and a recording facility for progs.

We have nearly watched our way through the entire boxed set of Northern Exposure in the last 6 months or so. Missed it 20 years ago. Fan blooming tastic. Why can't there be more like that? No crime, no car chases, just very quirky human nature and great acting.

Seems like we might have to watch the boxed set of West Wing from the beginning next winter.

Annika Tue 07-Jun-11 22:56:12

I was lucky enough to see Tourchwood being filmed a few years ago while we were in Cardiff Bay, I got to see Captain Jack ( John Barrowman) . I got very excited and turned into a very silly girl, much to the embarrasment of my daughter!
My daughter has also seen Dr Who being filmed,she lives and works in Cardiff and some of the filming of Dr Who has been done in the same building where she works .
I think the new series of tourchwood starts in July

Joan Wed 25-May-11 23:31:02

Oh good - I hope we get it here in Australia soon after. I always loved both Dr Who and Torchwood.

townie Wed 25-May-11 23:11:26

In August, I think.

Hattie64 Wed 25-May-11 20:11:56

Love Torchwood, Captain Jack my hero!!! I would imagine it starts when Doctor Who is finished.

tjspompa Wed 25-May-11 19:34:17

When does it start ???

townie Wed 25-May-11 19:05:44

Anyone else looking forward to the new series??