Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Queen

(20 Posts)
supernana Mon 30-May-11 13:23:45

Watched and rocked to Queen last night. Such special memories of days gone by... grin

glassortwo Mon 30-May-11 13:28:54

I watched too its brought back lots of memories, thoroughly enjoyed it.

twizzle Mon 30-May-11 14:05:38

supernana and glassortwo I totally agree.

For her 25th birthday I made my daughter a video photo album of photographs from 'day one' to age 25.

'These are the days of our lives' was the background music I used on the video.

Notsogrand Mon 30-May-11 14:32:59

I love watching Queen....so many fabulous songs.

What a wonderful birthday present for your daughter twizzle, I hope you had a box of tissues handy smile

twizzle Mon 30-May-11 14:48:32

Notsogrand, many boxes of tissues. It took about five days to get it right, but I'm so pleased that I persevered. It's now been transferred onto dvd. I still get so emotional when I watch it, and still can't believe how quickly the years have passed by.

supernana Mon 30-May-11 15:18:37

For me, the best band ever...and Freddy Mercury was such a fab guy. twizzle how special to have 'These are the days of our lives' as background music to your gift album. Love it to bits. Part two on tele tonight...I'll be thinking of you as I dab my tears...smile

Annobel Mon 30-May-11 15:25:26

I've set the recorder for tonight. I really loved part 1. When my sons were young, they played Queen non-stop on my car stereo during a memorable camping holiday so last night I found I knew all the words! In a couple of weeks the local Rotary are holding their annual outdoors concert - this time, Brass and Queen- ie the town brass band and a Queen tribute band. Looking forward to it already; should be an improvement on last year's Brass and Abba.

glassortwo Mon 30-May-11 17:02:33

twizzle what a great present, wish I was good at thinking up original presents, your Daughter must have been delighted smile

gangy5 Mon 30-May-11 17:05:00

Such talent - perhaps some of the 'so called' stars of today should watch to see what true talent goes up to make a genuine star. Freddy Mercury was a unique performer and all the group were exceptional composers.
I am looking forward to part 2 this evening - it will be as good, if not better, that yesterday's part 1 - truly enjoyable.

twizzle Mon 30-May-11 17:18:11

Straight after part 2 tonight is:

Queen: The Legendary 1975 concert.

supernana Mon 30-May-11 18:30:02

Okey dokey...we'll rock 'n' weep 'n' wish we were there - together...grin

Hattie64 Mon 30-May-11 20:45:30

and singalong as well. Brian May must live in Kingston/Wimbledon area, as my daughter sat a few rows behind him at the cinema a few months ago, he was with his wife.
I loved the programme, I have every Queen album, and was so distressed when Freddy died. Has anyone seen 'We will rock you'? My daughter took me a couple of years ago, I didn't think I would like it, I absolutely loved it, and would definately go again.

Myfanwy Mon 30-May-11 23:47:25

Oh Freddy...darling Freddy and the rest of those beautiful boys!

harrigran Tue 31-May-11 00:34:03

I have all the albums too. My daughter won a search for a star competition singing Melancholy Blues and playing the piano. When she was at home she would play Queen numbers all the time.

supernana Tue 31-May-11 13:29:48

I am still dancing and singinging inside my head after last night's programme. Such talent! Wept a lot!

grandmaagain Tue 31-May-11 17:06:36

agree with all of the above!!! fantastic band. my fabulous son in law took me to a status quo gig a few years ago we had a great time!

goldengirl Tue 31-May-11 22:32:58

Queen! Now that is what I call talent. They can sing and play and understand music unlike many of the 'celebrity' singers today. Last night was so sad although it was good to hear the songs. For all his bumptiousness, Freddy was a brave man and a fantastic showman. I can't bear to watch the tribute bands, it's just not the same to hear them singing Freddie's songs, but I did enjoy We Will Rock You.

gkal Wed 01-Jun-11 15:10:54

I loved the Queen programmes including the 1975 concert. How amazingly talented they were/still are! I live just 10 mins away from Freddy's impressive statue in Montreux where it looks out across the lake.

gillybob Wed 01-Jun-11 15:25:39

Hi everyone. How did I miss this???? (Oh Crikey yes, I was at the Take That Concert)I absolutely adored Queen when I was younger (still do). What channel was it on ? (we don't have watch again) did someone mention it being transferred to DVD ?

harrigran Wed 01-Jun-11 23:08:05

have you tried iplayer on your computer, you get 7 days to catch up on missed programmes ?