Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

And coming up!................. ..!!

(6 Posts)
HildaW Tue 31-May-11 17:42:55

I hate with a passion all those programmes that think we are forever nodding off.......and coming up.....and then its shown after about two minutes ...but its been trailed so well its as if we have seen it already.

Also the habit on BBC to trail a programme ...thats just going to start!

There are very few factual programmes that start at the begining - explore the subject fully and then conclude the matter...its just drip drip drip....as if we have to be fed bite sized bits incase we choke on too much knowledge all at once.

And don't get me started on Springwatch...a lovely idea toatally ruined by its daft attempts to add soap opera style cliff hangers to wildlife observations.

HildaW dismounts soapbox!

TwinsetandPearls Tue 31-May-11 21:50:34

I agree!

harrigran Tue 31-May-11 22:30:58

Me too.

gangy5 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:29:16

I am getting more and more exasperated with the BBC and all their trailers. Just as bad as adverts on the other side - sometimes 5 minutes worth of them. At one time we would always choose to record programmes on the commercial side so that we could skip the adverts but I think now that the BBC spend equal time on their 'inbetween rubbish'!!

HildaW Wed 01-Jun-11 15:33:28

They do gangy....and the latest has been a compilation of recent dramas...and you realize that most have already aired!

numberplease Sat 11-Jun-11 18:30:01

We, my daughter and I, are avid fans of Neighbours, but have to keep remembering to turn the sound off and not watch for the first bit on Mondays, when they show what`s coming up that week, the idea of a serialise show is waiting to see what`s going to happen, not being told. Likewise, we have to rush to switch off at the end of each episode before we get "tomorrow in Neighbours"!!