Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Scott and Bailey

(9 Posts)
Hattie64 Tue 31-May-11 20:01:57

Did anybody watch this new detective series on Sunday nights with two lady detectives, Suranne Jones and Lesley Sharp. It wasn't bad considering it was on ITV. Certainly nothing like 'The Killing' or 'Spiral' !!!! Anyway it was easy watching and no comparison to Vera (well could there be).

TwinsetandPearls Tue 31-May-11 21:48:50

No, I didn't see this. I'm not getting to see much tv these days, but for no particular reason. When I get back into my tv watching, Scott and Bailey sounds like something I would like.

tjspompa Tue 31-May-11 22:05:41

Yes we enjoyed it, makes a change to see some good drama from ITV.

HildaW Wed 01-Jun-11 12:04:25

Cagney and Lacey for the 21st century....but who cares it had Rupert Graves in and hes always watchable!

em Wed 01-Jun-11 12:29:45

Enjoyed the trails and thought it might be worth watching but....yet another example of a drama that's unavailable in Scotland - as was Downton Abbey. STV is implementing cuts by not buying in drama from ITV. I do have Freeview digital so can anyone tell me how I might get ITV for such times? Have had a look but don't know if it's an option.

Annobel Tue 07-Jun-11 08:20:54

Good morning, Em. Scott and Bailey is available on ITV Player if that's available in the tele-wilderness of Scotland. I'm not being rude since I am an exiled Scot. My sister is constantly frustrated by the wandering schedule for Holby City in Scotland.smile

GrannyTunnocks Tue 07-Jun-11 18:16:23

Em I live in scotland and watched it on sunday evening on stv. Good series.

Grumpyoldwoman Tue 07-Jun-11 18:28:10

I love Scott and Bailey ..also enjoying the 5 part 'Injustice'.
I live in Scotland and watch Holby on Tuesdays on Sky BBC England (any area).
I caught up with Vera his morning whilst ironing....when my husband came in he asked if she was having a 'nervous breakdown' ??
We really are Telly addicts but are stuck in the house a lot.
We really love the Apprentice and TT races at the moment.smile

Rosannie Tue 07-Jun-11 20:52:33

If there's any daytime tv in our house it tends to be C-Beebies!
I love the 9 p.m slot, a good drama, the Apprentice, even Glee with my daughter is a good way to unwind.
Scott and Bailey is brill and we watched the first part of Injustice last night but 5 nights in a row might be too much.
Recording has been useful with overlaps, I recommend Case Histories which was on Sun & Mon and is on next weekend. It's based on Kate Atkinsons novels about Jackson Brodie and it's quite clever with a 'lost girls' theme.