Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Case Histories

(6 Posts)
Hattie64 Mon 06-Jun-11 19:58:33

A 6 part series, one of the best books I have read. I watched this last night, part two tonight. I thought it was very good,even though I was staying at my Sons and he must have fantastic hearing, as I could barely hear it, thank goodness I am back home, where our tv is so loud (husband is deaf) that i am sure the neighbours can hear it as well. Anyway do have a look, the 'hero' is pretty gorgeous.

raggygranny Tue 07-Jun-11 12:08:07

Love the books, enjoyed the first two episodes. Did wonder why the action had moved from Cambridge to Edinburgh (though most of the main characters remained English), but I suppose as the next two books in the series are set in Edinburgh it made sense to film all in one location. Felt the ending was a bit rushed - not made clear that the father knew about how Olivia had died and must have helped to bury her.
I agree about Jason Isaacs!! wink

silversurfergran Fri 10-Jun-11 15:23:51

I also think moving the lst story to Edinburgh must have been to complete the series. Quite enjoyed it as loved the books but the different story lines made it feel a bit rushed. Still, its so much better than what's on generally will keep with it.
He is rather tasty too.

Hattie64 Fri 10-Jun-11 20:18:06

I initially thought all six episodes were Case Histories, not so, it was a bit rushed and some details changed, which always slightly annoys me. Next Sunday is her second book etc.

mollie Fri 10-Jun-11 20:23:10

I've only seen episode one and loved it too (the rest are lined up waiting to be watched) ...I know I've read the books but don't really remember much about the stories although some bells rang...

em Fri 10-Jun-11 21:37:22

Loved the fact that Kate Atkinson was a student in Dundee (my home town) and set one of her best books here - in my part of town too!! Have been a fan since I read it and enjoyed 'Case Histories' - another excellent tale which I read just recently.