Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

So where did it go?

(10 Posts)
mollie Tue 21-Jun-11 09:08:55

Darn! Just pounded out a new thread about Made in Britain (the TV programme that aired last night) and hit the button and now it's disappeared...b&gger!!

shysal Tue 21-Jun-11 10:43:54

I expect it is in the same place that some of my posts go. As soon as I move the arrow on my laptop to the 'post message' box it all disappears. Only if I move it very carefully and slowly can I keep my message, and even then it can still happen.Sometimes I repeat everything, but I often give up and don't bother.

glassortwo Tue 21-Jun-11 11:26:18

shysal that happens to me too, then I get distracted and never get to repeat the post. I hit something on the lap top, cant make my mind what but then loose evrything or even end up on a different post!

mollie Tue 21-Jun-11 13:03:10

Phew, glad I'm not the only one. Can't be bothered to type it all out again so the world is a poorer place(?) for not reading my insightful, witty comments!! Lol!!!!

harrigran Tue 21-Jun-11 13:18:43

I use a mouse with my laptop but sometimes when I am typing my thumb rests on the touch pad and funny things happen.

shysal Wed 22-Jun-11 08:56:18

Just ordered a mouse for my laptop (leopard print!), so we shall see if it improves my success rate! I had a cordless one once but it never worked.

shysal Wed 06-Jul-11 08:57:21

Have been using my new mouse with the laptop and have not lost a single post !

baggythecrust! Wed 06-Jul-11 09:33:04

Try typing your post in a 'notebook' or text file on your computer and then you still have it if gransnet chews it up. wink

pompa Thu 07-Jul-11 08:06:32

Good tip from Baggy -- I use MSWord (other text editors are available !) for any longish email, then cut and paste it in. Fed up with clicking the wrong button and losing evrything.

jangly Thu 07-Jul-11 08:55:14

This happened to me - post disappeared when i clicked on "post". Never had it when I used to post on mumsnet. Its something on this site. TECH!!!