Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I'm sorry i haven't a clue

(7 Posts)
shysal Sun 10-Jul-11 13:25:06

I am embarrassed to admit that I love this Radio 4 programme! It is smutty schoolboy humour but it is one of the rare times that I laugh out loud whilst listening to comedy. I think Jack Dee has slotted very well into the chairman's role following the death of 'Humph'. I suspect the script writer for his part is still the same person. I once saw their live show, and it had people of all ages roaring with laughter and blowing their kazoos. It was very predictable but hilarious, part of the fun was anticipating the punchline!

GoldenGran Sun 10-Jul-11 14:00:03

I agree shsal, it is a tonic, and Jack Dee is the only person with that lugubrious dead pan humour that could follow Humph. Definitely my favourite radio show.grin

crimson Sun 10-Jul-11 20:20:17

When is it on? I love Jack Dee. Has anyone been watching Lead Balloon over the past few weeks..one of the cleverest sit coms [if you can call it that] I have ever seen. The episode where he was held captive by a psychopathic Robbie Coltrane who just happened to be more sane than him was both funny and terrifying.

GoldenGran Sun 10-Jul-11 20:51:46

I watched it, the one with Robbie Coltrane,it was the funniest bit of television I have seen for a while. Those two should team up more often. grin

susiecb Mon 11-Jul-11 19:20:27

Love the Radio 4 show and thought no-one could replace Hump but its going well and I LOVE Lead Balloon. Incidentally what do you think of MOck the Week I used to hate it when Frankie Boyle was one but love it now more women comics and Micky Flanagan is coming on nicely - need more Michael Macintyre though - he's wasted on those silly talent shows.

shysal Mon 11-Jul-11 19:35:52

Michael Macintyre is on Desert Island Discs next Sunday, have already set my recorder for this as well as 'I'm Sorry'.

artygran Fri 29-Jul-11 20:24:07

I haven't listened to "I'm sorry" for ages - used to enjoy it; but we were driving back from Warwickshire recently and had The News Quiz on radio 4. I'm glad DH was driving because I was laughing so much I would have had us off the road. Should listen more often really. I have always liked Mock the Week but, like susiecb, went right off Frankie Boyle. He's a good comedian but a bit abrasive for my tastes these days.