Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Toddlers and Television

(12 Posts)
janthea Tue 02-Aug-11 14:52:57

My grandaughter watches very little television - about half an hour an evening. But one programme she loves is Waybuloo. I was around at their house yesterday afternoon when this programme came on. She's 2 years old, but copies the characters doing yoga!! She does a lovely tree pose, downward facing dog and cobra and others. She loves it and wants everyone to join in. At least she's watching some educational in a way smile

greenmossgiel Tue 02-Aug-11 16:05:00

My great-grandson loves Waybuloo, too! He's 14 months, and the calm and gentle music and voices attract settle entrance him! smile

greenmossgiel Tue 02-Aug-11 16:07:57

Oops, I should have checked that before I posted it - I meant to say that the calm, gentle music and voices entrance him! Silly me!

numberplease Tue 02-Aug-11 16:24:06

Drives us dotty, but 3 year old grandson loves it. But his new bestest favourite is Baby Jake, and we`ve just found out that the windmill in it is just a few miles from us, at Sibsey, thought it looked familiar.

Gally Tue 02-Aug-11 17:21:24

Our 3 year old grandaughter who recently visited from Sydney for 5 weeks watched Peppa Pig constantly - in the car all the way to SW France, back to back, on the tv on holiday and at home - it was that or tantrums; when she left we had a ritual disposal of all the Peppa Pig dvd's - I never, ever want to see It again shock

JessM Tue 02-Aug-11 18:23:57

Don't they love repetition at that age. But it occurred to me that we are just as bad - we do the same things over and over, just different things. And with slightly bigger gaps usually.
I asked my GS, 3 whether PP was a boy a girl "boy" was the response. Seems to have universal appeal.

absentgrana Tue 02-Aug-11 20:05:23

I quite enjoyed Peppa Pig when my grandchildren were staying and liked the "realistic" representation of family life – Peppa playing with her friend and not allowing George (?) to join in, for example. However, I want to slap Dora the Explorer.

absentgrana Tue 02-Aug-11 20:05:39

Nice posting absent.

rosiesposies Sun 07-Aug-11 20:38:52

My 3yr old GD loves Little Einstines is even learning about classical music ( so am I ) but her very favourite is Diago . Just a thought funny how we (oldies !! ) know all about the little ones programmes !!!

numberplease Sun 07-Aug-11 21:25:05

My 3 year old grandson absolutely LOVES Baby Jake, never budges or makes a sound when it`s on.

harrigran Tue 09-Aug-11 23:59:29

Argh, i'm back from France and toddler watched Baby Jake every day and Peppa pig and i'm with you Gally, if I hear that tune again i'll scream. we had arguments in the car over dvds, "Narnia", "Ballamory" I shut them both up by putting on Monsters inc.

Eleanorre Wed 24-Aug-11 23:19:41

Do you know Noddy in France is called Oui Oui .
Have a look at him here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtoACmhMz4