Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(843 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

merlotgran Sun 29-Oct-17 10:17:55

I've had enough of that silly old slapper Lilian as well.

Even once the hunt ball has been and gone we'll no doubt have a build up to the non wedding of the year at Christmas.

midgey Sun 29-Oct-17 12:33:03

Always supposing Lillian hasn’t left the country with Matt after the ball!

suzied Sun 29-Oct-17 16:28:58

Lets hope they both disappear into the sunset.

Nannarose Sun 29-Oct-17 17:44:40

There have been a few things recently that have made me think the scripts are being written by someone who has no idea of rural life or Archer's characters.
Totally agree about the rent / hire tux / DJ
Matt can play dirty when he needs to, but the way he spoke to Adam was quite out of character.
Freddy showed no knowledge at all about hallucinogenic mushrooms and how to handle them - although I presume the ones they ate weren't actually hallucinogenic, and we're working up to some 'incident'
(I listen a bit late so apologies if I'm behind the times!)

Lazigirl Sun 29-Oct-17 19:23:51

Spoiler Alert. Matt bites the dust. Well good! Am tired of the silly storyline with sex obsessed septuagenarian
antics. Am ditching TA until they get a new script writer.

merlotgran Sun 29-Oct-17 19:25:47

Wouldn't life in Ambridge be a lot easier if Lilian just turned that dratted phone OFF?

MawBroon Sun 29-Oct-17 20:15:24

So who has bumped him off? Justin? Adam? Noli high on magic mushrooms?

midgey Sun 29-Oct-17 20:54:57

Now am going to have to listen quick on catch up!

GracesGranMK2 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:03:36

If you listened to the comment after the programme it sounded as if Matt wasn't dead - at least not yet. But I could have misheard.

Suspects:
Justin no where to be found
Adam gone home early
My wild-card would be Brian Aldridge as he drives too fast (and kills cats)
Any more?

MawBroon Sun 29-Oct-17 22:04:48

Nik who has rushed off to a poorly child?

merlotgran Sun 29-Oct-17 22:10:49

Rex on his way home from Scotland.

Anisha ditto

MawBroon Sun 29-Oct-17 22:16:21

Lily who sounds a bit of a teenage demon driver?
Matt’s Uber taxi driver?

maryeliza54 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:23:53

Ah Lily ....?Is he dead though?

GracesGranMK2 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:32:49

Forgot Shula's outburst earlier in the week that Matt had been behind all their problems.

Lazigirl Mon 30-Oct-17 09:39:35

I think Matt's down but not yet out and Lilian will go rushing to his bedside. Arrgh!

merlotgran Mon 30-Oct-17 10:19:24

We probably won't find out who dunnit for a very long time if Harrison is investigating.

He still hasn't found the bunting!!

maryeliza54 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:09:24

You know what - I'm bored already with this storyline

chloe1984 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:17:57

Lilian will confess to her undying love at Matt’s bedside and hopefully they will both disappear as the current scriptwriters obsession with sex mad 70 year olds makes me feel somewhat inadequate.

chelseababy Mon 30-Oct-17 12:44:04

I assumed it was Adam

Iam64 Mon 30-Oct-17 13:13:15

I hope it wasn't Adam or Nik. It's like a Miss Marple isn't it, none of the main suspects have an alibi.
I am happy to suspend belief on the not realistic front because the Archers is my only soap and I don't want to give it up.
Those of us who have never met anyone as wicked as Rob or Matt have been very lucky. They may be few and far between these bad people, but they do exist sadly.

GracesGranMK2 Mon 30-Oct-17 13:29:04

I love it - we will have to "listen very carefully". Thinking about Shula, she did seem noticed by lots of other characters at the ball so I think she has moved down my list.

merlotgran Mon 30-Oct-17 13:34:43

Memo to PC Burns:

'We're giving you a list of suspects so don't forget to look for dents on all their cars.'

It's many, many years since I went to a hunt ball but I sure as heck didn't have any intention of driving home. Justin must have been drinking and probably Adam as well?

Nannarose Mon 30-Oct-17 15:09:16

Have to share that I have a fantastic neighbour, who laughs just like Lillian ( and, no, she's not an actor!)

Iam64 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:00:07

merlotgran - when Adam said he was off home, my first thought was to hope he didn't plan to get in his car as no doubt he'd had a glass of wine or two, if nothing else with his dinner.
Justin definitely had a drink - Nolli and Freddie had been at the magic mushrooms, I do hope it wasn't Freddie driving.
I'm still hoping it was Hilda, the murderous cat, or the taxi driver who came to pick Matt up.