Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dancing on ice

(45 Posts)
Willow10 Sun 13-Jan-19 19:42:28

Trying to enjoy Dancing on Ice, but keep getting distracted and mesmerised by the huge trout pouts in the so called 'celebrity' audience. They look like they could be stuck to a car windscreen without difficulty! confused

callgirl1 Sun 03-Feb-19 20:41:19

Gemma seems to have one hell of a fan base!

pensionpat Sun 03-Feb-19 22:46:32

She could be in the final! How ludicrous!

Urmstongran Sun 03-Feb-19 23:17:24

Yes everyone going wild for Gemma. I don’t think the judges dare mark her as low as they’d like to!

MissAdventure Sun 03-Feb-19 23:18:22

She's terrible!

Urmstongran Sun 03-Feb-19 23:33:15

Had to come back and share this - on the blogs about Gemma’s performance someone had said ‘it’s dancing on ice not standing up on ice. I skated more emptying the bins yesterday’ !!

MissAdventure Sun 03-Feb-19 23:34:20

grin

Willow10 Mon 04-Feb-19 07:34:37

I'm still tuning in because I want to see the other perfomers, who are trying really hard. But I resent the fact that it has turned into the 'GC show' with this talentless, lazy, self absorbed individual just there for self promotion. It is so unfair on the others. It's just turning the whole show into a joke. angry

Sparklefizz Mon 04-Feb-19 07:41:00

Had to come back and share this - on the blogs about Gemma’s performance someone had said ‘it’s dancing on ice not standing up on ice. I skated more emptying the bins yesterday’ !!

Love it Urmstongran.

I can't stand Gemma or her attitude. She appears on reality shows and is used to faking it, and she's doing that now - faking the fall, faking tears. Chris said last night "This is a skating competition" and the judges all gave low marks, but it's not a skating competition when Gemma stays in and others have to leave.

pensionpat Mon 04-Feb-19 09:23:51

Although I watch Strictly and DOI, they are not competitions, not even popularity contests. They are money-raising from all the phone calls.

Willow10 Sun 10-Feb-19 20:05:32

YES!.. Dancing on Ice has finally turned back into a skating competition!grin

Sparklefizz Mon 11-Feb-19 08:44:10

She's out!!! Hooray grin

glammanana Mon 11-Feb-19 09:31:47

Get ready for the onslaught of interviews on day time TV for the next few days now she has been voted out.

Willow10 Mon 11-Feb-19 12:00:50

What amused me was when she said SHE had decided it was time to go, to give the others a chance. As if it in the end was her decision to bow out! (Out of the kindness of her heart no doubt). I think even her fans were getting bored and tired of the arrogance.

Sparklefizz Mon 11-Feb-19 13:13:14

I agree Willow10, I smiled at that too. The arrogance and condescension!!

Willow10 Mon 11-Feb-19 13:30:23

She's just been on Loose Women, saying that for the sake of the other skaters, she decided to ' bow out gracefully'. Bless her, she's all heart!grin

DanniRae Mon 11-Feb-19 14:25:23

So glad that Gemma has gone ............... apart from the fact that she was a hopeless skater my husband never stopped moaning about her and inferring it was a fix!!

EllanVannin Mon 11-Feb-19 16:43:43

She needed the money didn't she ? Hasn't her shop folded ?

EllanVannin Mon 11-Feb-19 16:45:55

These reality shows that Gemma is/has been in are far more of a money-spinner than her working.

Deedaa Mon 11-Feb-19 21:53:27

You have to wonder who kept voting for her!

EllanVannin Mon 11-Feb-19 22:10:46

Deedaa I think people voted for the entertainment of her falling flat on her face, or to see if the poor guy attempted to lift her.

Last years winner was the best----Jake Quickenden.

Charleygirl5 Mon 11-Feb-19 22:22:47

Until Dancing on Ice I had never seen or heard of Gemma and after seeing and hearing her histrionics for the last few weeks I hope never to set eyes on her ever again.

paddyann Tue 12-Feb-19 00:38:43

The guy who's a dancer is fantastic ,hard to tell who the pro is between him an dhis partner.I was starting to believe he'd be out and Gemma still in.Glad thats not happened .

Sparklefizz Mon 04-Mar-19 08:13:43

What fabulous skating last night. I don't think I've ever seen anyone twice in a row get 4 x 10s as James did last night. Fantastic! And Wes's skating is so exciting to watch because he takes risks.

And next week we get Torville & Dean..... I love this programme (since that awful woman has left!)

DanniRae Mon 04-Mar-19 08:58:40

Yes, Sparklefizz I am loving it too. Really didn't want Brian to go because I find him so amusing but realise it was his time. I don't know who I want to win between James and Wes as they are both so good and love watching them skate!