Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Killing Eve

(76 Posts)
Ohmother Sat 08-Jun-19 22:05:35

Fantastic beginner episode for new series. Fast paced and funnier. Do you agree?

Sar53 Sat 08-Jun-19 22:10:21

Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad it's available as a box set on BBC I Player so I don't have to wait each week for a new episode.

matson Sat 08-Jun-19 22:11:20

Looks like it's been worth waiting for, I enjoyed it.

cornergran Sat 08-Jun-19 22:59:02

Sort of OK. Mr C picked up the paper half way through, never a good sign. I enjoyed bits of it, will persevere.

mosaicwarts Sat 08-Jun-19 23:10:54

For some reason I had seen it being advertised as starting tonight, so missed the beginning. I think I'll watch it on BBC IPlayer too, thanks for the tip!

Joyfulnanna Sun 09-Jun-19 00:56:03

I'm into the third episode of series 2 and there's no story yet. Nowhere near as thrilling as series 1 but I will persevere as I love the characters

Greyduster Sun 09-Jun-19 07:20:35

I enjoyed last night’s episode. I like the dark humour, but that one shocking moment made me really jump! She’s a piece of work isn’t she?

Justme67 Sun 09-Jun-19 07:41:15

I hear all the rages about how good this is, but watched the first two episodes and decided it was not for me, unfortunately I found it difficult to understand, which is probably me.

travelsafar Sun 09-Jun-19 08:07:59

I think this series is so cool, i love it. It is different, quirky, shocking in places and funny at times.Might have to watch on iplayer as waiting another week is too longsmile Didnt she look fab in the Pj's??

AyjayF Sun 09-Jun-19 08:24:02

I'm not going to watch it on iPlayer. It's worth waiting to see it each week. ( How long til I weaken + binge watch??)

harrigran Sun 09-Jun-19 08:42:40

Great first episode, I can empathise with her because I want to dispatch Eve too.

sodapop Sun 09-Jun-19 08:55:50

I agree, great start to the new series, wonderful characterisation from both stars. I still have flashes from Gray's Anatomy though.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 09-Jun-19 09:21:56

☹️I was so disappointed, felt deadly dull and boring, the fact that Phoebe Waller Bridge didn’t write this series is glaringly obvious, lacked the zing for me.

Lazigirl Sun 09-Jun-19 19:06:22

I was also disappointed by this first episode. Not sure if it's just my expectations too high, or whether it has run its course and it has lost its initial originality, and writer of course.

merlotgran Sun 09-Jun-19 19:25:54

I thought it was really good. Must resist the temptation to binge watch.

Smileless2012 Sun 09-Jun-19 19:30:58

I really enjoyed it but it wasn't long enough. Were the episodes in the first season only 45 minutes long?

sue421 Sun 09-Jun-19 21:37:45

Cant watch anymore....was looking forward to new series but nightmare laet night means I wont watch again!

Loulou798 Sun 09-Jun-19 22:08:03

Enjoyed it last night, and love the two main characters although it seems this series will be about their relationship, rather than the multiple murders. The episodes will be so short as they will make a handy full hour when sold to commercial channels.

Don’t expect it to be as breathtaking as series 1, though

trisher Mon 10-Jun-19 19:55:40

Thought the actors were really good, but the storyline was a bit thin. A good pathologist would surely have spotted a puncture wound on the foot of the body that was exhumed and the death would have been classed as murder, not natural causes.

phoenix Mon 10-Jun-19 20:02:53

I didn't see the first series, so am rather in the dark, but will give this series a go.

Afraid I just can't spare the time to watch the first series on catch up!

Ilovecheese Mon 10-Jun-19 20:36:47

Harrigran I feel the same way as you do about Eve.

Avor2 Mon 10-Jun-19 20:49:47

Was looking forward to it after the first season. Eve is getting on my nerves at the moment, loved her in the first season, hopefully she pulls herself together soon. Whatever the other ones name is (Villi something) she is brilliant, hopefully she kills a few more people before the end. she does it so well (not that I enjoy seeing anyone killed but that is the what the programme is about) Season 1 I couldn't watch on iplayer as each episode took its toll on me, but don't know about this one, will have to see.

Baloothefitz Mon 10-Jun-19 22:43:50

Watched the whole second series last night ,definitely not as good as the first.I have found Eve unbelievably irritating since the first series,she only seems to have two expressions! How she works for MI6 I do not know ,she is baffled by everything. Villenelle is wonderfully funny & murderous, she deserves the awards she has received.

Craftycat Tue 11-Jun-19 13:07:12

Yesterday it poured with rain all day long in South East- so depressing.
So I binge watched the new series of Killing Eve all afternoon!!
I did enjoy it but it is lacking something. Maybe Phoebe Waller Bridges! This series is nowhere near as dark as the last one.
I found myself actually connecting with Villanelle -which was disconcerting -& Eve was a bit wet.
Still there will obviously be a 3rd Series!
I do like a good binge watch- DH & I did the same for Good Omens on Sunday- very good indeed but then we like Terry Pratchet/ Neil Gaimen books anyway.

Avor2 Tue 11-Jun-19 20:06:25

The guy that plays Konstantin was interviewed on This Morning, this morning (?) he is rather lovely and am glad he is back in it (and possibly the next) yet to decide whether it is as good as the first season, but that one would be very hard to beat.