Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Deep Water

(57 Posts)
GrandmaKT Wed 14-Aug-19 21:44:03

Someone needs to tell the Anna Friel character that bathroom doors have locks.....

GrandmaKT Wed 14-Aug-19 22:02:07

Also, what does she actually do? (Apart from going on all the time about how busy she is and how much she has taken on)!

Charleygirl5 Wed 14-Aug-19 22:06:54

The jury is out here.

sodapop Wed 14-Aug-19 22:07:43

And I missed the end because the TV went off.

BlueBelle Wed 14-Aug-19 22:14:58

I. Missed the end cos I nodded off must watch the last quarter again

merlotgran Wed 14-Aug-19 22:24:29

DH disappeared behind his fishing magazine after asking why nobody was wearing a life jacket in the opening scenes?

The girl who had just started her periods looked about 25. grin

tanith Wed 14-Aug-19 22:28:33

I turned over after 15 mins, I wasn’t in the mood for all those complicated relationships. I shan’t bother with it again.

Maggiemaybe Wed 14-Aug-19 23:02:52

The girl who had just started her periods looked about 25.

We said the same, merlot. The actor's name in the cast list is Nell Williams. If she's the Nell Williams who's Helen Baxendale's daughter, she's coming up to 20. I've just read that Baxendale's children are called Nell Marmalade, Eric Mustard, and Vincent Mash. shock

I don't think I'll be sticking with this one. One cliche after another. Busy busy mothers in rowdy kitchens, drivers who can't keep their eyes on the road, women dropping their tacky thongs knickers for the first stranger who looks their way, etc. But the last few minutes will probably drag us in for another episode.

cornergran Wed 14-Aug-19 23:11:40

As charley said, the jury’s out here. Will watch the next episode then decide.

travelsafar Thu 15-Aug-19 06:41:43

I didn't even bother once i had read the reviews in my tv mag, Can't stand Anna Friel after watching her in a couple of other series and like Maggiemaybe says i guessed it would be cliched.

Willow500 Thu 15-Aug-19 07:03:22

I fell asleep in the last few minutes so don't know what happened. Not sure I'll be bothering to watch the rest of it either - too many silly plots.

Calendargirl Thu 15-Aug-19 07:07:12

I also decided not to bother watching first episode, thought I would watch later if it got decent reviews. Don’t think I’ll bother after reading what you all said. Anna Friel I find irritating, always seems so intense in everything. Marcella was a load of rubbish.
I watched an old Poirot instead last night.

LullyDully Thu 15-Aug-19 07:55:47

Why didn't a posh house like that not have a downstairs loo?

Should you rush into someone's house , rush upstairs and use their towel to dry yourself?

Why didn't she lock the door?

Why didn't the girl phone her mum when she wasn't picked up?

Why does everyone on TV have sex on top of a cupboard?

Will Anna Freil remember to brush her hair?

Does the plastic surgeon know she has he her eyes done already?

All valid questions I have, sorry.

Harris27 Thu 15-Aug-19 08:13:00

Haven't watched this yet but will dip into it now.

loopyloo Thu 15-Aug-19 08:13:52

It's amazing how often an old Poirot or Midsommer is the best thing to watch on tv. We started watching the history of Scotland but it was too gory.

Mary59nana Thu 15-Aug-19 08:41:13

I really enjoyed this drama and was so pleased to know that the full 6 episodes are on the ITV hub
Brilliant binge viewing

suziewoozie Thu 15-Aug-19 08:49:50

why does everyone on TV gave sex on top of a cupboard?
????? LullyDully

suziewoozie Thu 15-Aug-19 08:50:05

Have have have

Teetime Thu 15-Aug-19 09:02:26

I watched it to see views of the Lake District and yes its always raining - well kit is when I go there but it wont stop me going. I dont care for Anna Friels acting in anything and I agree one cliché after another. Why do all TV mums have a messy kitchen- I never had a messy kitchen or unmade beds no matter how much work I had on including shifts, weekends and on-call plus studying at the same time. I just got on and did them! Phew!

Coolgran65 Thu 15-Aug-19 09:08:13

I loved it. I like Anna F and loved her lived in kitchen. Although maybe just a bit tidier.

GrandmaKT Thu 15-Aug-19 09:21:53

Ha ha Lullydully all good questions!
Teetime I always think TV mums' kitchens aren't messy enough when compared to mine at that time!

tiredoldwoman Thu 15-Aug-19 10:57:13

Well , I liked it and Anna F's aga ! Planning a box set sit in very soon .

MiniMoon Thu 15-Aug-19 11:06:47

I just couldn't get away with it. I read my book instead. DH watched it, but I don't t know wether he'll bother with any more.

grannyticktock Thu 15-Aug-19 23:11:17

I agree with many of the comments above. I often wonder how the woman in a steamy and impromptu sexual encounter manages to have sex without actually removing her knickers; this time I thought they were trying to add a touch of realism to an otherwise unconvincing scene by letting us see her remove her thong, but then she spoiled it all by forgetting to put it back on again.

If a tall dark stranger ever persuades me to have a quickie in a bathroom (vanishingly unlikely, but then so was much of what we witnessed) I will try to remember the following sequence:
1. Remove knickers
2. Have sex
3. Replace knickers.
Oh, and before 1) I could add "Shut the door"

I think I will watch some more of this, it's going to be fun discussing it!

Lessismore Fri 16-Aug-19 13:59:55

Sorry, sad shallow person that I am, I'm enjoying it.