Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Endeavour

(72 Posts)
Fiachna50 Sun 02-Feb-20 19:46:51

There is a new series of Endeavour beginning next Sunday. Unfortunately, this clashes with The Pale Horse if you are unable to record them, you will get Pale Horse on the BBC I-player and Endeavour on the STV player. (ITV player for those not in Scotland) I love Endeavour.

Jane10 Sun 02-Feb-20 19:55:02

Ooh good! I was wondering what to look forward to after Vera. I'll record both. Then I can see what I fancy watching and when.

chelseababy Sun 02-Feb-20 19:57:25

Or watch on ITV+1

Jane10 Sun 02-Feb-20 20:12:42

I like to record STV programmes so I can fast forward through the adverts. Vera comes down to one and a half hours then!
The Pale Horse trailer looks a bit creepy.

NanKate Mon 03-Feb-20 07:11:28

Yes Endeavour is one of my favourites too, so will set it up as we are away to the grandchildren this coming weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

I have been watching reruns of Lewis on my ITV app which I thoroughly enjoy, especially as I know Oxford so well.

For those of you who are Outlander fans the fifth series starts this month on Amazon Prime. Love the books too.

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 08:03:57

Fiachna50, thanks for the heads up, something to look forward to. We also have a new episode of Montalbano to watch, good times ahead! grin

LullyDully Mon 03-Feb-20 08:16:47

Is the Montelbano arepeat? It sounded familiar with a dress maker being murdered.

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 08:23:48

LullyDully, I will check. DH said it was a new episode and he is pretty sharp with things like that, as we have seen them all and read the books.
I think that only two of the three new ones made were shown and there was still one to go. Now, I could have imagined that! grin
I will check with the expert and get back to you.

sodapop Mon 03-Feb-20 08:39:34

For Christie fans apparently the Pale Horse deviates from the book quite a bit. I will reserve judgement.
I like Endeavour as well, are we getting to the point where he catches up with Morse soon.

NanKate I am a big fan of Outlander so look forward to the fifth series. I can't get Prime so will have to wait for More 4 or the DVDs. Have you heard if Diana Gabaldon has another book in the pipeline?

Teetime Mon 03-Feb-20 08:58:43

All good news thank you. smile

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 19:04:27

LullyDully, BBC states that the episode of Montalbano on Sat 1/2/20 was brand new, never been shown before. It's something to do with migrants on a boat.

The one this coming Saturday is a repeat.

Gaunt47 Mon 03-Feb-20 19:08:57

The BBC lied!! Montalbano on Saturday was a repeat, sadly.

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 19:18:34

Oh no!!!!? , Gaunt you have ruined my night!!! grin
How dare the BBC lie to me!!!! ?

I asked DH to bring it up on screen and it definitely said, First shown on 01/02/2020.

There is definitely a new episode, which still hasn't been shown. Three were made, but only two shown. ?

NanKate Mon 03-Feb-20 22:10:30

Hi Sodapop don’t know the latest book from DG. If you look on the website Fabulous Fiction it lists all the books any author has written. It’s a great website.

NanKate Mon 03-Feb-20 22:12:23

Sorry it is called Fantastic Fiction.

LullyDully Tue 04-Feb-20 08:12:20

As I thought!!!! That one was only on recently. Running out of good thrillers. Watching a good Swedish one on all 4. It's a Walter presents one. Grey 'something.'

Gaunt47 Tue 04-Feb-20 08:42:31

marydoll , goodness I do apologise! But I didn't tell you how it ended did I smile Although to be honest I never remember how things end, just the progression of the storyline - and in this case I recognised the scenes at the beginning.
The 2/3 episode thing rings a bell - wasn't an episode dropped in favour of something deemed more important like a sports final?

Marydoll Tue 04-Feb-20 08:50:42

No you didn't Gaunt, but it wouldn't matter, I have seen them all and read all the books!
When we are in Rome, we scour the book shops, just in case there is a book or DVD we haven't seen! grin.

Before my ill health scuppered things, our grand plan was to visit Sicily and do the Montalbano tour.
I met a lady who had done the tour, she said it lived up to all her expectatons.

sodapop Tue 04-Feb-20 09:13:32

Thanks NanKate those books are amongst the very few I can read more than once. There is always so much interesting detail.

lemongrove Tue 04-Feb-20 10:02:01

Endeavor.....hooray! Thanks for the info, will record it, and the Agatha Christie one ( only loosely based on her book I know.)I watched the Montalbano the other night thinking it was a new one, it was certainly one I hadn’t seen, but I thought it was very poor anyway.Catterella did more falling through the office door and Fazio looked bored to tears with all the proceedings and Mimi didn’t even try it on with an attractive woman.?

Calendargirl Mon 10-Feb-20 07:31:53

Good to see Endeavour back. Quite a number of strands to this episode, looks like it will carry on next week. Poor old Fred seems a bit jaded by it all, good job Morse is on the ball.

ninathenana Mon 10-Feb-20 09:30:28

I may be having a senior moment but I though Fred and his wife had become estranged last series. ?
Probably thinking of a different programme

suziewoozie Mon 10-Feb-20 09:43:04

Was the Venice Hôtel where E was staying or where the woman was staying? If the former, how could he afford that? He’s just bought a house and the tickets to the Opera must have cost a fortune - wasn’t he in a box? Clearly I was somewhat distracted whilst watching

suziewoozie Mon 10-Feb-20 09:43:48

I thought that too nina

Charleygirl5 Mon 10-Feb-20 09:48:30

I agree suziewoozie and nina. I also did not think she worked in the last series or I may be wrong.