Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Another Real Marigold Hotel.

(139 Posts)
Urmstongran Mon 04-May-20 16:27:23

Sorry spelt his name wrong there! Just Duncan from now on heh!
?

Urmstongran Mon 04-May-20 16:26:13

Britt Ekland seems to flirt a lot with Ballantyne doesn’t she? She’s always got her arms wrapped around him or making suggestive comments which make him laugh. He’s rich isn’t he?

EllanVannin Mon 04-May-20 16:17:39

I'm not keen on Duncan either and up to now I can't make out that " Nasty Nick " chap.

EllanVannin Mon 04-May-20 16:15:28

I like Zandra Rhodes too Urmston. I wish I could be like her, she doesn't care if it snows and I like that about people.

TerriBull Mon 04-May-20 16:14:24

I caught up with it yesterday. John Altman "Nasty Nick" lives in my neck of the woods and I've seem him in Waitrose quite a few times grin well before the lockdown that is!

I don't particularly care for Duncan Bannatyne, but he did give me yoga envy, I was grudgingly impressed by his head stand shock

Urmstongran Mon 04-May-20 16:06:37

It’s not on this Thursday - it misses a week for some reason (?) but tune in on 14th.

My favourite is Zhandra Rhodes. Not at all precious, considering her fame and has a great SOH. Such a jolly soul to have around. Is she cockney? And the classy Barbara Dickson from Fife who now apparently lives in Edinburgh. She takes more of a back seat, regarding everyone and getting the measure of them all.

I adore the classy lodgings (I can only dream) in the French quarter of the town with its inner courtyard and water fountains. I’d happily live there!

Jane10 Mon 04-May-20 16:02:15

'The green apple two step'! Great name. Our secretary used to call it 'the back door trots'.

EllanVannin Mon 04-May-20 15:45:12

I've loved these series with the various " celebs " in them. This latest one should be equally as interesting. The cricket commentator makes me laugh with his " old thing " at the end of a sentence.
Miriam and Syd Little have made me laugh in the series they'd been in.

I've never had the green apple two-step wherever I've been but no doubt if I visited India at my age I'd pay for it grin

BBbevan Mon 04-May-20 15:42:16

travelsfar I do so agree with you about Brit. I couldn’t take my eyes off her lips. She also seems very needy.Telling everyone at the party who she knew etc. Susie and Barbara are great and very genuine. Also Mr. Chuckle ( sorry I forget his name) seems sensible. I am looking forward to the next episode

Jane10 Mon 04-May-20 15:22:39

I never suffered a tummy upset in my time in Bangladesh and I seemed to eat all sorts of things. I was well prepared it but my packet(s) of Immodium came home intact!

Luckygirl Mon 04-May-20 14:16:09

I am just amazed that in the whole of these series only one person has got the squits! My girls joke that I get the squits just going to Wales which is half a mile away down the road!!

travelsafar Mon 04-May-20 14:06:01

I tink these programs are very interesting. Sadly Brit is an advert for NOT having plastic surgery. When you look at Susie and Barabara they are advocates for growing older gracefully. I will be watching the rest of the series with great interest. India is a vibrant, surprising wonderful country.

Jane10 Mon 04-May-20 14:04:32

I always wish I could be there too!

Daddima Mon 04-May-20 14:02:13

Just saw yesterday that there’s a new series, and, with the exception of the cricket commentator and the actress from Coronation Street, I had heard of them all!
Britt Ekland should have stayed away from the plastic surgeons, but they seem quite interesting.