Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Michael McIntyre's Big Show

(8 Posts)
Jane10 Sat 18-Nov-17 21:41:07

Just watched this. He's so funny!
I wasn't entirely convinced that the 'surprise star of the show' was all that surprised. All staged??

Charleygirl Sat 18-Nov-17 22:12:14

I doubt it Jane- I did not expect a voice like that, it was superb and moving.

Jane10 Sat 18-Nov-17 22:36:37

Just too good and all organised in such a short time...

ginny Sun 19-Nov-17 07:54:30

I’m sure a lot of preparation goes on beforehand. They must at least have an idea of the proficiency of the singer. They couldn’t risk having someone who ‘sings beautifully’ according to their family but actually can’t hold a note.

Smithy Sun 19-Nov-17 09:30:08

I don't think it ius staged, though there have been some brilliant singers on the show. As Ginny says , they must look into it first, they wouldn't take the chance of a duff singer being on. Last night's was something else though, superb.

Teetime Sun 19-Nov-17 09:31:55

I liked it - light relief, no swearing or smut- fine by me for a Saturday night.

ninathenana Sun 19-Nov-17 09:56:10

I love Micky Mac.
My D has been in the audience for this show in a previous series she said the surprize star was genuine. I agree they must listen to a tape prior to accepting someone to surprise.
The new section where he walks into your bedroom in the night, would horrify me. If family set me up like that, I would not be amused !

joannapiano Sun 19-Nov-17 09:57:06

We enjoyed it, but I thought it was a bit creepy going into someone's bedroom in the dead of night.