Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bancroft.....wow

(36 Posts)
overthehill Thu 14-Dec-17 15:49:16

Anyone been watching. Last one tonight. Very gripping. If you've missed it and like murder thrillers go on catch up.

Marelli Thu 14-Dec-17 15:50:50

Really enjoying it!

Greyduster Thu 14-Dec-17 16:21:31

She’s a piece of work, is she not? And Ade Edmondson is not his usual cuddly self, either!

Nannylovesshopping Thu 14-Dec-17 16:24:08

Am loving it too, soooo good, Sarah Parish excellent as always, my backside is definitely tv shaped this time of year and the dogs getting fat!!tchgrin

Alima Thu 14-Dec-17 16:46:08

Not too bad. Spend ages trying to work out what has happened to SP’s face. Cosmetic? The DC looking at the cold case is very good. Isn’t Linus Roache Ken Barlow’s son?

Morgana Thu 14-Dec-17 17:41:45

Think S.P. would look better if she gained a bit of weight! ! Great actor isn't she? Couldn't work out why he still had his trousers on in the sex scene!!!!

Smithy Thu 14-Dec-17 18:53:15

Yes SP does look a bt thin. Great series though can't wait for the finale.

Christinefrance Thu 14-Dec-17 19:13:52

Yes Linus Roache is the son of William Roache who plays Ken Barlow. He is very attractive.
I've enjoyed this too, wonder what tonight's last episode will bring.

Grannyknot Thu 14-Dec-17 20:33:25

Alima me too, very distracting. I think she's had her lips filled or plumped or whatever is done to lips. (I don't know her from before).

I watched the first episode but didn't like it at all, gave up when the front of her house got blown up, and she says "I'm living in a crime scene, I might as well be in charge of one" or something like that. [roll eyes emoticon]

Alima Thu 14-Dec-17 20:56:33

Grannyknot, I googled Sarah Parrish and one of the bits of info was that she had spent 3k on her face. That’s not a lot is it?

silverlining48 Thu 14-Dec-17 21:00:07

Saw it last night for the first time, final is about to start now so will need to catch up with the beginning afterwards, if that makes any sense, it doesnt of course.

Grannyknot Thu 14-Dec-17 21:20:44

Alima probably not, but may be enough to have your lips plumped!

Cherrytree59 Thu 14-Dec-17 22:09:40

confused. That was the last episode.

No spoiler

but will be very intersted to know other GNetters thoughts

Nannylovesshopping Thu 14-Dec-17 22:14:54

I was disappointed with the ending..... want to say more but don't want to spoil it for those who maybe haven't seen it yethmm

Friday Thu 14-Dec-17 23:06:32

Ending was too predictable inasmuch as we’d be left hanging and she’d proably ......

Otherwise totally gripping.

seacliff Thu 14-Dec-17 23:47:22

I've really enjoyed this, but couldn't believe the ending! Very frustrating.

Greyduster Fri 15-Dec-17 06:28:25

Another “is that it, then?” ending. How disappointing.

travelsafar Fri 15-Dec-17 07:22:08

I thought she was an awful person, cruel, manipulative and basically evil. Programs like this do not show the police force in a good light. With all the current issues going on in the government and establishment it shows how it could be happening in real life. Scarey!!!!

Alima Fri 15-Dec-17 07:23:12

What a waste of 4 hours.

tinaf1 Fri 15-Dec-17 07:52:59

Have to agree with Alima found the whole storyline unbelievable, perhaps ending a cliffhanger for another series.

pinkwallpaper Fri 15-Dec-17 07:57:06

Cannot believe I wasted 4 hours watching something with such promise but such a unsatisfactory ending.

harrigran Fri 15-Dec-17 08:11:34

Well that is 4 hours I have wasted. I actually guessed who the murderer was in the first episode.
Sarah Parish has ruined her face like so many others, why do they think that the duck bill looks attractive ?

overthehill Fri 15-Dec-17 09:00:48

Well yes one of those not so complete ending but still good I felt with another twist at the end. Maybe she'll be back to get her comeuppance.

Smithy Fri 15-Dec-17 09:28:26

Totally disappointed with the ending. It showed such promise but I like all the loose ends tied up. I didn't really get it at all.

Bellanonna Fri 15-Dec-17 10:57:57

No, didn’t see any of that coming at all! So I suppose it was all the more shocking for that reason. Well I did suspect the above comment “that she’d probably” although didn’t think it would actually happen. Her own “history” surprised me too. I thought it was very good. Talk about Police corruption! Id welcome another series. Still unsure about Jo’s paternity but guess not what she alleged to,him.