Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Eastenders - help!!!!

(26 Posts)
kittylester Fri 09-Mar-18 07:28:52

Looks like a climax could be reached between Mick and Aiden but I've not been concentrating so could someone please get me up to date! Thank you!

tbh I've thought this storyline has been a bit daft but I can't give up my Stenders habit!!

harrigran Fri 09-Mar-18 08:14:17

Can not make head nor tail of it, all just a bit far fetched.

kittylester Fri 09-Mar-18 08:23:59

Glad it's not just me then Harri!

Pittcity Fri 09-Mar-18 08:32:05

Aiden still thinks Mick took the heist money but we now know Sharon has got it.
Shirley drove off but only as far as Phil's? Linda went off to Euston on her own because she didn't have her big coat. It would have made more sense for her to go back with Mick to get it.
I think we're all confused Kitty

henetha Fri 09-Mar-18 08:36:02

Mick got all the family out of the way last night, then returned to the Queen Vic alone to wait for Aiden
to show up at 8 o'clock. That's where it ended.
Not much help from the others involved.
They all want to protect their families etc.
It's brilliant!

silverlining48 Fri 09-Mar-18 08:38:28

Sorry kitty, I cant help. I gave up my eastenders habit last year after watching from the start, 1983 I think. I decided one day I had had enough of all the misery and have I missed it? No, not at all.
But who is Aidan? why doesn’t anyone have a washing machine? How is it they all live on the square but spend time and money in the cafe. ? No, only joking, I really don’t care.
Come on kitty, join me, give it up, you know it makes sense.

henetha Fri 09-Mar-18 08:39:30

I'm not giving it up. I love it...

Alima Fri 09-Mar-18 08:46:15

Pittcity has summed it up in a nutshell, all clear now. With any luck this storyline will end very soon, never been keen on the gangster bits. Apparently Aidan was in prison with Phil so Phil feels he owes him, typical bloke thing. (I am not giving it up yet, need the veg time).

kittylester Fri 09-Mar-18 08:46:16

But, where did Half thingy get the ring? What about kaffy's necklace? And is Wilmot Browns gay son still being held hostage!

I really love it but I must concentrate more!

Half thingy is very cute!!

kittylester Fri 09-Mar-18 08:51:48

And, who did the teeth belong to?

tanith Fri 09-Mar-18 09:05:22

I was puzzled by the teeth too confused

mostlyharmless Fri 09-Mar-18 09:53:20

Teeth? When did teeth come into it? I’ve obviously not been concentrating!
Don’t like this current Aiden storyline. Very far fetched.

tanith Fri 09-Mar-18 09:57:22

The teeth were in the box that Aidan told Keanu to put in a coffin but Jay took it out and took them to Phill maybe the teeth belong to that gay son of Wilmott Brown who was kidnapped we never found out what happened to him . ? All very complicated if you don't concentrate ?

silverlining48 Fri 09-Mar-18 10:06:11

Tanith grin

mostlyharmless Fri 09-Mar-18 10:06:36

Oh that was teeth in that box was it? I thought it looked like a jewellery box!
Luke, Ben’s boyfriend was it? Missed that bit entirely. And I do watch every episode. Oh dear!

kittylester Fri 09-Mar-18 10:06:44

I think his teeth would have been whiter!!

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Mar-18 10:40:47

It sounds as silly as I've always suspected! Never watch any of these soaps, the trailers depict them as ridiculously far fetched rubbish.

kittylester Fri 09-Mar-18 10:55:10

But, if I stopped watching I'd muss something! It's the only soap I watch unless you count Holby!

tanith Fri 09-Mar-18 12:07:39

Agreed they are silly and far fetched and that's putting it mildly but it's something that OH and I sit down and watch together and I like that cos he'll shout up ' come on it's starting ' and pat the seat beside him. He's not well and doing things together, silly as it is feels comforting. Everyone has their own reasons for watching familiar programs and for some it's part of a routine they enjoy.

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Mar-18 13:29:41

Yes, that’s very true tanith, and if it gives you pleasure, then that’s a good thing. It’s just not for me, but is for many people.

tanith Fri 09-Mar-18 14:10:21

I quite understand Mapleleaf, maybe the whole Aiden story will be put to bed tonight we'll be watching so at least we'll know who the teeth belong to ???

kittylester Sat 10-Mar-18 13:10:43

Okay, I think I get it all now and they were Luke's teeth!!

Hopefully, we can get some decent story lines now! Or at least ones I can understand!!

Jane10 Sat 10-Mar-18 13:23:54

Were they teeth though? They looked a bit small and brightly coloured.

tanith Sat 10-Mar-18 13:29:23

Jane10 they weren't the teeth that Aiden was given they looked like coloured beads, I think Phil was hanging on to the actual teeth so he had some hold over Aiden should he try coming back again. Never saw Phil as a Knight in shining armour beforegrin

Jane10 Sat 10-Mar-18 13:38:41

What a yucky concept. I do think it could be a bit clearer though. This is Eastenders not some Scandi Noir thing!