Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The butterfly

(8 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 15-Oct-18 06:54:30

Did anyone start this last night I thought the little chap made a good job of a topical problem

Greenfinch Mon 15-Oct-18 07:53:03

I thought all the actors handled their roles sensitively and with dignity. It was an excellent and thought provoking production and I felt sorry for all the family members..Very well done to all. I am looking forward to the next episode.

BlueBelle Mon 15-Oct-18 08:18:46

It was good wasn’t it Greenfinch Good writing I thought covering a lot of the emotional aspects from all family angles

mcem Mon 15-Oct-18 09:09:41

As always Alison Steadman was excellent but I wonder how many on GN will identify with her character and attitude.
Will watch again.

Willow500 Mon 15-Oct-18 10:08:08

Yes watched it although I fell asleep part way through and set it to record then woke up and watched the last bit. I thought it was very good too - I always liked Anna Friel and the little boy is a very good actor. Will watch next week too.

Franbern Mon 22-Oct-18 15:57:40

I have just watched (recorded) the first two episodes. Must say I found it extremely well written and acted and made me pretty emotional at times.
Just over a year ago, one of my granddaughters (aged nearly 14 yrs), started to live life as a grandson. Whereas, he has been fortunate in that all of his close and extended family have been totally supportive of his choice, obviously, we still have concerns about his future.
So good to see this subject being treated with sensitivity.

seacliff Wed 24-Oct-18 15:17:59

I have just watched the first part of this. I wasn't sure if it would be for me, but I actually thought it was a great programme, and the actor who played Max was excellent.

I really felt for him/her, and it made me see a different side to this subject, and feel more sympathetic. It's the sort of programme that maybe should be seen by school children and parents.

BlueBelle Wed 24-Oct-18 16:01:55

Maxine Seacliff?
I think it’s a cracker of a drama and extremely well and sensitively written and excellent acting all round The closed grandmother, the confused father, the mother trying to get it all right, the supportive sister but now feeling pushed aside and the poor kid dreading puberty It’s an eye opener for anyone not understanding this emotive subject