Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Downton Abbey Box set, has anyone bought one, had any trouble with it.

(5 Posts)
bikergran Wed 01-Apr-20 18:52:44

Thinking of buying my mum (85) the full box set, I've never watched it but she said she would like to watch the full series again.

Iv'e googled, but there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews about the Discs in the box set, some not playing, also all crammed together and fall out etc etc .

Not in a proper order as there are extra scenes.

At a cost of around £30 I don't want to waste money or make it complicated for my mum to get the discs out in the right order.
Some have said they remove the discs and put them in ordinary plastic sleeves and label them.

Anyone bought the set? had any probs?

NotAGran55 Wed 01-Apr-20 21:41:34

We bought it years ago from Amazon if I remember correctly and had no problems with it . It went off to the charity shop and they were delighted with it as they had a regular customer who was desperate for it .

NotAGran55 Wed 01-Apr-20 22:05:19

I have just realised that it was series 1-4 that we had not 1-6 which is in different packaging .

MawB Wed 01-Apr-20 22:17:03

I bought this last August Bank Holiday when I was unexpectedly grounded as my car needed an expensive repair and the dealership were unable to get the part they needed in time.
It was fine, but it is a big bulky case and I would have preferred several smaller cases within a box if you see what I mean.
Loved watching it all again though!

bikergran Thu 02-Apr-20 08:59:07

Thanks all, yes people have said the case and packaging is something to be desired. Think for now I will go and buy the film and think about the full series another time. smile