Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Life Drawing live-Just what I needed.

(18 Posts)
trisher Wed 13-May-20 09:39:29

Did anyone else join in this? I tought it was excellent and 2 hours passed so quickly. I didn't send any of my attempts in but lots of people did. I used to do a life drawing class years ago, this brought back memories. It was also so relaxing. When you are drawing you become totally focussed and forget everything else.

Sparklefizz Wed 13-May-20 09:51:43

Yes, I watched it but didn't send in any of my drawings because I thought they wouldn't be nearly good enough, but on seeing the others', I might think about doing so next time. I don't draw very quickly (spend too much time rubbing out!) so probably wouldn't get much done.

You're right, it's so relaxing.

silverlining48 Wed 13-May-20 09:54:52

I watched too, am interested, but hopeless at drawing. Impressed how the models held what looked like uncomfortable poses for so long.

Sparklefizz Wed 13-May-20 09:56:16

I know! silver - I thought so too! They must have good core strength.

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 10:20:29

I’ve just read this thread title and assumed you were all posing......keeping the statutory 2 metre distance and wearing a mask of course ?

Sparklefizz Wed 13-May-20 10:35:18

Secretly we are, Pantglas2

trisher Wed 13-May-20 11:21:20

Sshh Sparklefizz don't tell everyone they'll all want to look blush

Sparklefizz Wed 13-May-20 11:39:14

grin trisher

Alishka Wed 13-May-20 11:58:54

(read to the sound of violins playing softly in the background..) I watched part of it and started sketching but had to give up and go to bed to lay flat. Too much pain going on.
I've not looked yet,hope it's on catch-up?
HEY! I was wondering why Tomasz Shafernaker looked different - he's dyed his hair,hasn't he? Love him,love his giggle,love his namesmile
(OK violinists, off you go, time for a riff or two of jazz now..)

trisher Wed 13-May-20 12:10:43

Alishka so sorry you are in pain. Hope today is better. Think it is on catch-up. I just thought Tomasz looked different because he was wearing a T-shirt. I must go back and look at his hair.

tiredoldwoman Wed 13-May-20 12:27:57

I liked this too but for the first 10 minutes I couldn't get the red button to work . I drew and was suprised to see that I was on par with all the rest !
I'm going to see if it's on I player and have another bash later today . The 2 hours just flew by and I felt de-stressed !
Is it going to be a weekly thing ?

trisher Wed 13-May-20 14:31:50

It is on i-player. There's also a first series- I must have missed that. I may have a go. Can't see any more episodes but I'm hoping!!

Alishka Wed 13-May-20 14:38:46

Thanks trisher, both for your good wishes and also for the info. smile

Deedaa Wed 13-May-20 14:41:36

I liked Tomasz with his mike gaffer taped to his T shirt! It galvanised me to getting a pencil out and doing some work. Must think about proportions more though.

Elrel Sun 17-May-20 23:58:15

I loved doing the quick sketches at the beginning with charcoal, better results than expected. Sadly I failed to get anywhere with the red button. It was frustrating to glimpse the models but have no chance of drawing them.

dahlia Thu 04-Jun-20 17:11:40

My dear daughter was one of the models (the one with the tattoo on her back), and she said that one or two of the poses were really difficult to maintain, although she is an experienced model. DH unable to watch, and we both felt a little uncomfortable at seeing our "child" on view to the world, but it was very tastefully done.

BBbevan Thu 04-Jun-20 18:30:35

I have ‘ life drawn’ for years. I love the absolute concentration it takes. I was taught by some great tutors at art school. Talking about ‘difficult poses’, we had Quentin Crisp quite often. He could hold a pose for ages. Some of the older models might fall asleep. A loud cough woke them and they resumed the pose.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 04-Jun-20 19:45:05

please can someone tell how to find it on Iplayer, would love to have go.