Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

(10 Posts)
MawB Mon 06-Jul-20 17:05:13

Ennio Morricone composer of so much wonderful and unforgettable film music has died aged 91
RIP

Oopsminty Mon 06-Jul-20 17:07:45

Fabulous composer

I saw a documentary years ago when he was discussing how his spaghetti western songs were what he was remembered for even though they only accounted for about 8% of his work

But The Good The Bad and The Ugly was an amazing tune

I don't think it won an Oscar either!

Has to be one of the most remembered

RIP Ennio

AGAA4 Mon 06-Jul-20 17:08:23

His music was amazing. The theme to the good the bad and the ugly was so good. Clint Eastwood was in that film. He was my pin up when I was thirteen.

lemongrove Mon 06-Jul-20 17:08:31

Yes, just saw that on the news, he was a brilliant composer of film music, good that he had a nice long life, although my all time favourite was John Barry.

gulligranny Mon 06-Jul-20 17:12:04

Loved Morricone's work - my favourite is the beautiful theme from "Cinema Paradiso", just gorgeous.

TerriBull Mon 06-Jul-20 17:14:39

He wrote the music to "Once upon a time in America", I remember that score particularly it was beautiful.

eazybee Mon 06-Jul-20 17:16:14

I remember the music, which was haunting but also the films, which were dreadful.

Calendargirl Mon 06-Jul-20 18:02:36

I saw this on the lunchtime news.

They put up a picture of Clint Eastwood, and for one awful moment I thought he had died.

Still very sorry to hear about Morricone.

‘The Mission’ was a lovely piece of music.

Welshwife Mon 06-Jul-20 18:30:22

The Mission was an usual piece as there was an oboe very prominent in the piece - it is unusual to find an oboe solo in such music. He was a great composer.

GrannyLaine Tue 07-Jul-20 16:57:51

So sad to hear this. 'Gabriel's Oboe' from The Mission is my absolute favourite piece of music, we chose it as one of the pieces for my Mum's funeral.