Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bake Off

(19 Posts)
Gingster Tue 29-Sep-20 20:49:41

Anyone watching Bake Off? Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas are really getting on my nerves. So daft!

Tea3 Tue 29-Sep-20 20:55:03

NF and JL are fairly superfluous. But the contestants are a lovely mix of interesting folk.

Oopsminty Tue 29-Sep-20 21:00:45

We've been sitting here laughing at Noel and Matt's antics! I'm a new viewer to Bake Off. Never appealed but I like Matt so thought I'd watch.

I think that Matt and Neil work well together.

I reckon Rowan might be going home today

grumppa Tue 29-Sep-20 21:10:58

Lucas's Boris impersonation at the start of episode one, asking the experts how to pronounce scone, has already made the series worthwhile.

Oopsminty Tue 29-Sep-20 21:13:56

grumppa

Lucas's Boris impersonation at the start of episode one, asking the experts how to pronounce scone, has already made the series worthwhile.

Hear, hear!

MawB2 Tue 29-Sep-20 21:14:27

Tea3

NF and JL are fairly superfluous. But the contestants are a lovely mix of interesting folk.

Who is JL?

MawB2 Tue 29-Sep-20 21:27:21

PL? ML?

travelsafar Fri 09-Oct-20 22:01:36

Just watched the spin off Extra Slice and the lovely Rowan. Anyone else the similarities between him and the great John Inman from Are you being served.

MissAdventure Fri 09-Oct-20 22:56:26

I watched it for the first time in a couple of years, and it really amused me.
I loved the viewers pics of their own cakes. grin

BlueBelle Sat 10-Oct-20 06:50:17

I ve given up I can’t bear it now with those two silly men why do they always feel the need to add a comedian or two to turn a reasonably interesting programme into a comedy act They do it with sewing bee, the pottery, all the interesting competitive programmes have to have these silly men making it into a different sort of programme
I think Paul Hollywood is so much up his own what’s it and why do they have to make stuff that no one could ever makeM cakes like pantomime dames hats that Just fall to pieces

Yes I prefer an Extra slice and seeing the publics‘ cake contributions A bit more realistic and funnier

Get rid of Noel and the awful Matt Lucas

Oopsadaisy4 Sat 10-Oct-20 07:51:33

I’m with Bluebelle can’t stand them messing about, not funny at all.

I know they are supposed to keep the bakers from getting too stressed but can’t they edit them out of the final cut?

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 10-Oct-20 08:08:07

I find NF and ML hilarious. PH is slightly annoying and PL an excellent judge. It is only a cake baking competition after all! I love baking and consider myself pretty good, but I could never bake under pressure and admire the contestants for doing so.

Deedaa Sat 10-Oct-20 09:34:20

I love Bake Off, I love Noel and Matt, and I love Extra Slice.

Ohmother Sat 10-Oct-20 10:11:43

I’m enjoying it again. I like Matt but I’m missing Sandy. It’s missing a ‘straight man ‘ for the comedy balance; Noel and Matt are as daft as each other but now Matt is beginning to overshadow Noel. I bet he wishes he never suggested him.

I love Extra Slice on a Friday evening. Tom is naughty and gets away with his bitchy comments.

I think there could be a place in telly land for Rowan. A presenter maybe? He’s got a bit of John Hurt/Quentin Crisp about him which makes you warm to him.

Calendargirl Sat 10-Oct-20 10:16:04

Haven’t watched any of it this year.
Just don’t fancy it somehow.

merlotgran Sat 10-Oct-20 10:28:08

I think Bake Off is running out of steam. Noel and Matt are not in the least bit funny.

We find ourselves working out which contestant will win - not because of their baking skills but because of the box they might tick.

So, it won't be the pensioner, the girl wearing a hijab, the pouty glamour puss, the gay man etc., etc.

My money's on the amputee.

henetha Sat 10-Oct-20 10:35:14

I think it's all lovely. A ray of sunshine amid the gloom.
Lots more Bake Off please, - and Extra Slice too which is
brilliant.

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Oct-20 10:43:17

henetha I’m with you, anything new, not a repeat, that’s not too serious, is a drop of welcome escapism for me.

henetha Sat 10-Oct-20 10:49:38

Cheers, Jax smile