Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Undoing - Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman

(60 Posts)
fevertree Tue 03-Nov-20 10:22:51

Gosh this new thriller is good so far - episode 2 last night. Hugh Grant really seems to be coming into his own as an actor i recent years and it is good to NK with with her lovely naturally curly hair left to its own devices (mostly!).

Pity it's only on Sky.

Anyone else watching it?

fevertree Tue 03-Nov-20 10:23:15

... in recent years ...

Pantglas2 Tue 03-Nov-20 10:27:09

I’ve enjoyed it so far, Fevertree. Another good series started is Little Fires Everywhere with Reece Witherspoon.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Nov-20 10:33:29

☹️ I haven’t got Atlantic

fevertree Tue 03-Nov-20 10:36:37

Little Fires is on my list. I noticed that The Undoing is written by David E. Kelley and he also wrote Big Little Lies and many other good programmes in the past.

seacliff Tue 03-Nov-20 10:47:26

Yes I am loving it fevertree. Excellent and really gripping. I am now used to binge watching, so waiting a week is a bit annoying.

I love Nicole's hair and her long coat.

fevertree Tue 03-Nov-20 10:53:33

seacliff you are so right re getting used to binge watching, I was quickly searching to see whether it was available "on demand" with no luck - and am chomping at the bit for the next episode.

And - Donald Sutherland! A bonus.

I also loved her green coat in last night's episode. ( No spoilers, but I was suspicious of the murder victim's behaviour from the off grin ). I've purposely not read any reviews, don't want to know what's coming!

rosecarmel Mon 30-Nov-20 23:29:30

Just finished watching the last episode! Excellent psychological thriller/who done it mystery- I also loved the green coat and other pieces that she wore in the series-

MrsThreadgoode Tue 01-Dec-20 08:41:19

Watched the last one last night, we veered as to dunnit!

Parsley3 Tue 01-Dec-20 09:37:56

I watched the last episode yesterday. What a good story. It had us guessing to the end. Great acting from the whole cast too.

seacliff Tue 01-Dec-20 09:50:55

Excellent. Hugh Grant is a great serious actor, quite underrated.

trisher Tue 01-Dec-20 16:44:14

A rather silly story which might have been gripping but which had so many holes in it you could have driven a bus through them. The defence sticking her up for cross examination at the last minute for example. Defence lawyers spend hours questioning and cross examining their witnesses before they use them. As for the sculpture hammer, well the dishwasher would have been completely wrecked with the weight of it. And did no one notice him carrying the heavy violin case about with his violin in his hand?

Kate1949 Tue 01-Dec-20 17:31:45

Do they let children into courts in America to listen to that awful evidence? A bit of trivia. The boy who plays the son is the son of the actress who played Julie in Coronation Street smile

Lucretzia Tue 01-Dec-20 17:33:38

I wondered that. Kate1949

Can't imagine allowing young children into court

Maybe they do in USA

kittylester Tue 01-Dec-20 17:36:15

We enjoyed it and I loved the coats! One would have to be a bean pole to carry them off though - not a sack of spuds like me!

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 01-Dec-20 17:53:55

fevertree

Gosh this new thriller is good so far - episode 2 last night. Hugh Grant really seems to be coming into his own as an actor i recent years and it is good to NK with with her lovely naturally curly hair left to its own devices (mostly!).

Pity it's only on Sky.

Anyone else watching it?

It's also on NOW TV. Free trial for one week . Don't forget to cancel it before the subscription kicks in.

Lisagran Tue 01-Dec-20 20:56:40

I found the ending a big disappointment. Won’t spoil it for anyone still to watch it, but, for me, the last episode didn’t live up to the intrigue and drama presented in the previous episodes.

fevertree Tue 01-Dec-20 21:00:07

I must say that as it progressed we were both saying Get on with it! but of course having invested the time, continued to watch in order to find out whodunit. I thought the ending was rather predictable (the final scene).

GrandmasueUK Tue 01-Dec-20 21:43:37

I enjoyed this but I'm very distracted by Nicole's extremely smooth face. It looks as though she has a layer of wax on it. She's had work done, not too much but I feel as though she has lost all the expression in her face. Hugh, on the other hand has a very expressive face!

Sophiasnana Tue 01-Dec-20 23:35:18

GrandmasueUK, I agree.she’s a pretty woman, but ruined her face with too much plastic surgery. I just dont get it. Similar to Beverly Callard (celebrity jungle) . So much plastic surgery she can hardly move her face. Ridiculous lips, silly looking cheekbones. And they actually pay to look like this??

MrsThreadgoode Wed 02-Dec-20 08:03:30

Imagine though feeling that in order to continue doing the job that you love you have to undergo surgery !
It’s a crazy industry.
There were so many Red Herrings, we were quite disappointed when they revealed who did it.
I can’t see a 12 year old managing to sneak a huge hammer into a dishwasher unnoticed, twice!
IAnd why all the Nicole Kidman and the victim in flashbacks, what was that all about ? plus the oil painting.....
Hmm, suspend belief indeed.

trisher Wed 02-Dec-20 14:54:57

I just wondered why you would hide a hammer in a fireplace when there was a whole ocean for it!
Helen Mirren has aged so well

kittylester Wed 02-Dec-20 16:48:52

Did I miss her?

kittylester Wed 02-Dec-20 16:50:19

Oh flip. Sorry trisher! I realised as I posted what you meant!! blushblush

Lisagran Wed 02-Dec-20 16:52:04

I wondered that, kitty grin. I think perhaps trisher’s just making a general observation about an actress that has aged well, without surgery?