Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Masked Singer anyone?

(10 Posts)
Ealdemodor Mon 23-Nov-20 19:08:43

I think The Masked Singer is coming back.
Now there’s a guilty pleasure if ever there was one!

Lucca Mon 23-Nov-20 19:13:47

Or “there’s another load of s***e” if ever there was one!

MrsThreadgoode Mon 23-Nov-20 19:18:50

People no one has heard of, singing songs nobody wants to hear, load of rubbish.

merlotgran Mon 23-Nov-20 19:22:03

Speak for yourself, Mrs. Threadgoode.

Grannynannywanny Mon 23-Nov-20 19:26:38

I only discovered it half way through the last series and I enjoyed it. The costumes were great. I’m going to watch.

Thanks for the reminder Ealdemodor

phoenix Mon 23-Nov-20 19:28:00

merlotgran

Speak for yourself, Mrs. Threadgoode.

Agree, merlot , not something I would usually watch, but providing it doesn't clash with something else, I might have a look!

Anything that's a bit of light relief can't be all bad.

Chardy Mon 23-Nov-20 21:43:31

I don't like reality TV, but I enjoy watching celebs trying new things eg Strictly, Celebrity Masterchef. Only difference with this is you don't know who they are, and like the panel, you guess.
Series 1 was Nicola Roberts, Jason Manford, Katherine Jenkins, CeeLo Green, Denise van Outen, Jake Shears, Skin, Kelis, Teddy Sheringham, Justin Hawkins, Alan Johnson & Patsy Palmer
Between us, DD and I knew all of them, and we both knew most of them. I was impressed by the line-up.

BlueBelle Mon 23-Nov-20 22:08:04

I did not expect to enjoy it but I did, I loved it, but I didn’t like the American version at all found the panak a 100 times more irritating than the U.K. version
It should be good

HurdyGurdy Mon 23-Nov-20 22:37:04

I really enjoyed the first series, and was really pleased to see teasers in the advert breaks this evening for a new series.

I don't care if I don't know who the singers are. I like having no pre-conceived notions of them, and can just listen to their singing voices. Whilst being mesmerised by those costumes grin

MiniMoon Mon 23-Nov-20 23:35:06

I enjoyed the last series. I will definitely be watching.. Trying to work the singers out was fun, and some people I wouldn't have rated turned out to be really good singers.