Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dancing on Ice New Series

(70 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:06:00

Anyone watching this evening?

Ellianne Sun 17-Jan-21 18:15:05

Thanks. I might watch it. Torvill and Dean are always so encouraging.

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:16:41

Yes. I love T & D.
Jason Donovan has got off to a good start.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 17-Jan-21 18:21:55

Yep I am watching it in the kitchen whilst trying a new recipe (recipe for disaster grin). It’s just a brief desperately needed escape from all that’s going on in the world

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 18:22:41

I'm watching, I love the programme and am waiting to see how Colin Jackson does as he's such a lovely man with the nicest smile that would brighten anyone's day. smile
Jason Donovan did well too.

aggie Sun 17-Jan-21 18:25:43

I’m watching , I’m nervous about all those sharp blades and slippy ice !
Yes Jason did good

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:33:30

The young guy from Emmerdale in the red sparkly suit did well too, even though he did fall over.

The one thing I can't watch is when they do the headbanger, even if it's the professionals as they did in the opening sequence. Personally I think the headbanger should be banned. It's not even nice to watch.

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:46:43

Denise was brave to skate tonight after a nasty injury. If it were me, I'd be terrified I'd fall on it again.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 18:51:21

I don't like those headbangers either and have to look away.

Nobody does the " Proud Mary " dance like Tina Turner though, ice or not.

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:52:45

You're right. Hard to follow something so iconic.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 18:54:57

I still laugh at the thought of Todd Carty dancing off the ice and through the back unable to stop. It was hilarious.

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:57:39

Haha! Yes, I'm smiling just reading your post. It was classic.

gillgran Sun 17-Jan-21 20:52:41

Yes, I really enjoyed watching. It is cheering to see, especially during these tough times. It'll keep us going for several weeks.

I agree with you Sparklefizz about the headbanger bit, had me gasping in the opening sequence by the pro-ice-dancers.!

You had me chuckling too, EllanVannin, about the Todd Carty memory..!! smile

JaneJudge Sun 17-Jan-21 20:55:01

i wish they would ban the headbanger aswell, it absolutely ruins the program

the todd carty thing was the funniest thing ever smile

Sparklefizz Sun 24-Jan-21 13:36:46

DoI on again tonight. I read online that that guy Rufus Hound is having to isolate so won't be appearing, plus he has also made some disastrous and very unpleasant tweets apparently, so may not be coming back at all.

I couldn't understand why he was given that "gold ticket" thing last week to allow him to go straight through without a vote. I didn't think he was particularly good.

Sparklefizz Sun 24-Jan-21 18:14:08

Anyone watching?

EllanVannin Sun 24-Jan-21 19:24:33

Yes, I've been watching and like you couldn't understand that skater getting the golden ticket either. I thought at least it would have been the last contestant.

EllanVannin Sun 24-Jan-21 19:27:57

It's like last weeks skate off which I thought was unfair as that little rapper girl was good.

gillgran Sun 24-Jan-21 19:28:34

Oh Yes! I'm watching again! I'm enjoying it, as always.

I do agree with you both, ElanVannin & Sparklefizz.

EllanVannin Sun 24-Jan-21 19:28:49

I lose all interest when this sort of thing happens.

Sparklefizz Sun 24-Jan-21 20:25:57

Faye and Hamish were absolutely brilliant, weren't they? The thing is, she had confidence to try more things because of skating experience as a child.

Sparklefizz Sun 31-Jan-21 17:14:45

It's on again tonight.
I gather that 3 celebs won't be appearing for various reasons, so I wonder how they will fill the programme.

gillgran Sun 31-Jan-21 20:10:54

Another enjoyable watch for me tonight.
Sparklefizz, they filled the programme well, I thought.
I had thought that Jason may have been in the dance-off, & so he would have been the one to go home....

EllanVannin Sun 31-Jan-21 20:19:51

I enjoyed it again and was glad to see Colin go through, he's such a pleasant bod with a lovely smile.

Puzzler61 Sun 31-Jan-21 20:25:19

Colin’s skate was so good, and he doesn’t look any older than he did when he took part in Strictly years ago.