Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

“Behind her eyes”

(15 Posts)
Lisagran Sun 21-Feb-21 17:42:28

Anyone watched any / all of this new Netflix series%? It looked promising, but seems a bit flat. I loved Doctor Foster and I think this is similar, but not as good.

Artaylar Sun 21-Feb-21 17:46:13

I read the book a couple of years back. Astounding twist at the end. The TV series may be worth staying with.

Lisagran Sun 21-Feb-21 17:56:22

Ah, that sounds promising - sometimes these series just fizzle out at the end, disappointingly! I’ll stick with it for a while.

Keeleklogger Sun 21-Feb-21 19:06:29

I read this book 3 years ago and have just finished the series on Netflix. I thought it was brilliant. This is my book review I put on Goodreads after I had read the book.

#WTFthatending!

Louise is a divorced mother working as an assistant in a psychiatrist’s office. On a night out, she meets a man in a bar, they share drinks, a connection, and a kiss. The following Monday, Louise is nervous about meeting her new boss. She is introduced to David, and is horrified. Her new boss is the mysterious man from the bar

When Louise accidentally bumps into Adele (David's wife) she finds herself pulled into a friendship with her that is bound to end in disaster, considering she's seeing David behind Adele's back.

And there we have it – the triangle of characters in this this extraordinarily clever and compelling thriller. I’m not going to say another word about the plot. You need to watch it unfold through the perspectives of Louise and Adele.

This is an excellent book with a clever, mind-blowing twist. The best way I know how to explain what I mean is that it doesn’t play by the usual rules of a psychological thriller. If you’ve seen anything yet about this book, you are clearly aware that there is a shocking ending with a whopper of a twist.

It’s been a while since I’ve been legitimately shocked as a reader, and I don’t care how much this ending can be reduced to utter nonsense, I’m embracing that ending, Boom!!!

I will hold my hands up and say I re-read the ending three, if not four times because I just couldn’t believe what I had read

GagaJo Sun 21-Feb-21 19:08:07

Oooo I look forward to watching this one then.

Artaylar Sun 21-Feb-21 19:12:50

Great review of the book Keeleklogger. And I had the same reaction as you to the end twist. It really was a shocker.

Nicegranny Sun 21-Feb-21 19:17:49

I finished watching it this afternoon and immediately looked on the internet to get an explanation of what exactly happened.
I wouldn’t say it’s going to be one of the memorable dramas that I had watched.

TerriBull Sun 21-Feb-21 19:39:25

I didn't like the book, thought the twist was preposterous hmm I read another Sarah Pinborough book to see if it was any better, it wasn't! so I'm done with her now. However, having said that, may give it a go, because occasionally when a book is weak and that one was imo, a dramatisation can improve it.

Juliet27 Sun 21-Feb-21 19:48:31

I finished watching it last night. Bit too far fetched for my enjoyment. Certainly a twist to ponder at the end.

grannyticktock Sun 21-Feb-21 22:50:08

Enjoying this so far. Interesting characters and I like the fact that none of them are (to me) familiar faces. Not so keen on the repeated dream sequences, otherwise quite intriguing....

polomint Fri 26-Feb-21 22:56:32

Absolute rubbish! I wouldnt advise anyone to watch it....I would have had a better night with the toothache

GrannyRose15 Sat 27-Feb-21 00:02:05

Just watched the third episode. Liking it so far. Don't want to know how it ends until I get there - so haven't read everyone's comment, just in case there are spoilers.

It does have echoes of others programmes though, The Undoing, Doctor Foster, The Girl on the Train. All have you wondering who is the mad one and who the sane - or if they are both as mad as each other.

Eloethan Sat 27-Feb-21 23:54:53

Initially, I found this series intriguing and wanted to find out what happened. However, it became increasingly silly and, though the end was quite a clever twist, I couldn't believe in the premise of the whole thing so ultimately found it very disappointing and a waste of time.

GrannyRose15 Thu 04-Mar-21 00:15:43

Gosh, wasn't that weird? Just finished watching and am not quite sure what I think. It was certainly different.

Bridie22 Thu 04-Mar-21 07:12:06

Really enjoyed the book, and the series stayed pretty true to it, brilliant ending !