Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Grayson’s Art Club series 2

(22 Posts)
GrandmasueUK Mon 01-Mar-21 12:20:17

I watched this last night and it was just as uplifting and poignant as before. Oh my goodness there is a section with Harry Hill which was just wonderful. It starts off quite silly but then ...

It’s on channel 4 and well worth watching. I loved Philippa’s tiles for her table.

TrendyNannie6 Mon 01-Mar-21 12:23:57

I watched this programme for the first time last week, I must admit I’d never even heard of it, but loved it,

shysal Mon 01-Mar-21 12:55:44

I loved it, as I did the previous series. Grayson's laugh is so infectious!grin

keepingquiet Mon 01-Mar-21 13:27:40

Grayson is a national treasure. I love just about everything he does.

Deedaa Mon 01-Mar-21 16:48:37

We saw plenty of Kevin in this episode too.

Nana3 Mon 01-Mar-21 17:03:09

I love it too, Harry Hill's tree hugging with the picture of his mum on was good Grandmasue. I'm a tree hugger.
I like the kindness Philippa and Grayson show to each other.

ginny Mon 01-Mar-21 17:04:15

I love this programme too. A real feel good watch.
It has also made me realise that art is not just a perfect picture but the feelings and experiences that go into the work.
We are hoping that we will be able to go to Manchester to see the exhibition from the last series if it came ever go ahead.

GrandmasueUK Mon 01-Mar-21 17:06:24

I was telling someone this morning Nana3 about the tree hugging and I couldn’t get it out I was so choked. I’m tearing up just thinking about it! It was so touching and emotional.

threexnanny Mon 01-Mar-21 17:18:18

I thought the tree hugging was just going to be silly but turned out very poignant. Grayson's mention of his broken childhood family was equally so.

JessK Fri 05-Mar-21 14:04:23

I've just caught up with this second series and it's just wonderful. I feel as if I've had a lovely session of therapy and all is right with the world. Grayson is a natural communicator and a very warm hearted man. His wife is lovely too. It puts art in a whole new prospective for me.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 05-Mar-21 14:50:40

Love Grayson Perry. Been a fan for years. These programmes are a lift to the spirits at a time when we need it.

muse Tue 23-Mar-21 23:30:40

Same for me Lovetopaint37

Ro60 Wed 24-Mar-21 01:15:36

One-upmanship: ? saw the first series too ?
Keepingquiet: National Treasure is a great way to describe him.

There was a girl last week who has no use in her arms & paints using a computer it brought her to life?
A beautiful programme on so many levels

varian Fri 02-Apr-21 17:37:55

Last episode of Grayson's Art Club tonight but it should be available on BBC iplayer

BBbevan Fri 02-Apr-21 17:49:28

Aren’t they just the most interesting and empathetic couple? Love it .

varian Fri 02-Apr-21 19:39:52

Sorry I should have said that Grayson's Art Club is on All 4, not BBC

muse Fri 02-Apr-21 19:59:00

I've just joined their Facebook page. Going to do the weekly challenge.

Such a lovely surprise to find that my brother is a member too. grin He joined last month.

GrandmasueUK Sat 03-Apr-21 10:13:01

I joined it a couple of weeks ago. Ive loved seeing other people's work bit have yet to submit anything of mine.

twinnytwin Sat 03-Apr-21 10:18:19

I actually cried at the Harry Hill part. It just shows how much lockdown as affected us all. Then I cried at the end too. Such a wonderful programme.

luluaugust Sat 03-Apr-21 14:46:10

Best programme on in the last few weeks, better than therapy

EllanVannin Sat 03-Apr-21 15:31:04

I've always been fond of Grayson Perry too. An inoffensive person who genuinely takes an interest in people.

seacliff Sat 03-Apr-21 22:07:48

I had never heard of this programme until I read about it here.
I have just watched the first episode of series 2. Such a different, lovely and emotional programme. Quite thought provoking.

Gransnet is great for TV reccomendations. Thankyou.