Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Are We Ready For The Big Reveal?

(39 Posts)
Blossoming Mon 08-Mar-21 10:17:58

Oprah Winfrey’s interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be broadcast at 9pm on ITV. I’m sure a lot of Grans will be watching as I can see it has garnered a great deal of interest on Gransnet. Oprah Winfrey is an experienced and formidable interviewer. People seem unaware she was a respected journalist before her ‘talk show’ took off and she gives nobody an easy time, though she is always respectful and professional. I shan’t be watching, it has already been shown in the US and the internet is full of it. Racism and snobbery make good TV, apparently.

Popcorn at the ready!

Sara1954 Mon 08-Mar-21 10:19:35

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever, I’m sick to death of hearing about it.

EllanVannin Mon 08-Mar-21 10:20:13

Sick bucket too !

timetogo2016 Mon 08-Mar-21 10:20:41

I woud rather watch grass grow.

Redhead56 Mon 08-Mar-21 11:20:10

Know one it’s going to watch it apparently but I it will probably be the first thread on here tomorrow.
I will not be watching it how she can compare herself to Princess Diana is beyond me.

Sara1954 Mon 08-Mar-21 11:33:35

I cannot find words to describe how utterly bored I am, with this awful whinging, money grabbing couple.
I’m sure millions will watch it, but at work today, everyone feels much the same as I do.

Tricia247uk Mon 08-Mar-21 11:35:57

#uninterested

muse Mon 08-Mar-21 11:39:11

Another thread. Is that four now?
No - not interested. Angry that a brilliant series Unforgotten is side lined to make room for it.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 08-Mar-21 11:40:50

It's certainly caused controversy, does it really deserve two hours? Many ordinary people lead difficult lives having to cope with all sorts of problems with nowhere near the money and privilege these two enjoy.
To think that all this started when they were asked, "How are you?" when they were visiting a country which suffered much deprivation and poverty isn't lost on us.

CraftyGranny Mon 08-Mar-21 11:42:25

Apparently, according to the news articles on Microsoft, Megan is annoyed that Archie wasn't made a prince!
I don't think any of the great grandchildren have prince or princess titles, except Will's and Kate's children, being in line.

I won't be watching either.

Blinko Mon 08-Mar-21 11:56:42

Zara and Peter Phillips don't have titles... Not sure about the Wessexes.

I simply find it hard to comprehend that H didn't spell out for her before they were married, what is expected if you're a member of the RF. Did she really have no idea?

annsixty Mon 08-Mar-21 11:57:33

My admiration for Meghan as an actor has risen 100%.
She was either acting when she was a member of the Royal family seeming to love the great occasions and the adulation she received from some, or she is acting now with her tales of suicidal thoughts and how she was treated by the family.
I also believe that William’s children are the only titled GGC .
I could be wrong but can’t be bothered to check that fact.

Kamiso Mon 08-Mar-21 12:02:21

A bit pointless making Archie a Prince when she’s doing her limited best to destroy the Monarchy.

I wonder if she will be asked why she had such an appalling public pity party in a country where many adults and children go to bed hungry?

No intention of boosting the viewing figures for these ingrates. Titles should be removed and the ones that require parliamentary intervention should be started now.

All finances from the U.K. should cease including Charles contributions. Withdraw all security provided by the U.K. They can get their own once they produce some tv programmes that bring in massive viewing figures as per their contract.

vegansrock Mon 08-Mar-21 12:06:56

I think there is a choice given to the likes of Andrew, Edward etc as to whether their children had titles. M and H were told they be wouldn’t have a choice. But who cares . Bring on the republic .

Jane43 Mon 08-Mar-21 12:09:26

All I need to know has been on every news bulletin this morning so I’ll carry on watching The Terror on BBC iPlayer which is absolutely brilliant.

3nanny6 Mon 08-Mar-21 12:11:53

That's a good title Blossoming, only I am getting fed up with all these threads about the "Interview". There was an interesting thread running about H and M and the Oprah
interview it was going for several days. I went to have a look
this morning and a message saying G.N.H.Q. have pulled it off and deleted it. There are either the supporters or the non- supporters of H@M and a lot of people are getting too passionate about their views.
Well looks like we all get told if we say too much then things get deleted so why even bother at all.

GagaJo Mon 08-Mar-21 12:13:34

If I was in the UK I would watch it. As it is, I will have to watch online later.

EllanVannin Mon 08-Mar-21 12:14:21

I feel so sorry for the Queen at this time. I know and appreciate that we all have our problems but when they crop up in your later years it makes for a more difficult time because the coping mechanisms aren't the same and can cause irreparable emotional damage which is harder to shake off.

So unfair too considering there's also a sick man in the mix who the Queen must be quietly concerned about.
Young people can bounce back but when you're getting on in years it's not as easy. I feel absolute disgust towards her grandson for treating his family in this way.

Washerwoman Mon 08-Mar-21 15:47:20

No I won't be watching. This mornings news was enough.Annoyed that Unforgotten has been shunted off the schedule.
And I've just caught up with the documentary about Amy Dowden the Strictly dancer anddetermination to succeed despite suffering terrible Chrohns disease. So won't waste any more of today listening to Harry and Meghan.

Severnsider Mon 08-Mar-21 15:52:59

It's a toe-curling media-fest.

I'll bet the Queen won't watch it!

AGAA4 Mon 08-Mar-21 16:01:12

Unfortunately many will watch, giving them the platform they want, to bleat about how badly done to they are.

BlueBelle Mon 08-Mar-21 16:14:35

Oh not another threa?can’t you see there are four or five already ???

LullyDully Mon 08-Mar-21 16:48:55

Yes boooorring.

2 hours is quite a chunk of time to give up. I shall wait for the News on the radio to fill me in, plus the TV news plus the newspaper, plus everyone I may get to chat with. That should mean I miss nothing .

LullyDully Mon 08-Mar-21 16:49:28

Oh and I nearly forgot gransnet.

allium Mon 08-Mar-21 16:54:50

Think I'll watch something else. I imagine they are getting ver well paid.