Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Over exposed

(43 Posts)
Lucca Wed 07-Apr-21 17:36:29

I’m so sick of seeing certain people appearing on all channels all the time.
Fred sirieux for example....ok on First Dates but now he’s on so many òther things, at least two food programmes over egging his French accent.

Greg Wallace is another one.

Anyone else you’re sick of seeing ? (Yes I know there’s an off switch!)

lemsip Wed 07-Apr-21 17:38:58

yes, Martin Kemp and his son.

janeainsworth Wed 07-Apr-21 17:39:23

I’ve never seen either of them, no idea who they are even!

crazyH Wed 07-Apr-21 17:46:03

Tracy Solomon

Grandma70s Wed 07-Apr-21 17:46:59

janeainsworth

I’ve never seen either of them, no idea who they are even!

Same here!

shysal Wed 07-Apr-21 17:47:01

Gemma Collins as well as other TOWIE, Made in Chelsea and Geordie Shores characters. I have never watched the original programmes but they pop up all the time.

Kate54 Wed 07-Apr-21 17:48:41

Rylan. The voice of Bill Paterson.

Septimia Wed 07-Apr-21 17:49:22

Yes, Clare Balding. It seems that she's an expert on all sports - athletics, tennis, equestrian, rowing (Boat Race) etc, as well as Ramblings (Radio 4).

vickymeldrew Wed 07-Apr-21 17:51:06

Phillip Schofield. Rylan . Ashley Banjo.

Kate1949 Wed 07-Apr-21 18:12:49

Phillip Schofield for me too.

Chestnut Wed 07-Apr-21 23:38:41

I'm not sick of seeing any of them because all I watch these days are drama series and movies for some escapism. And to get away from all these faces!

monk08 Wed 07-Apr-21 23:50:08

Philip Schofield just popped up again on we buy any car. Another are Eamonn and Ruth

Calendargirl Thu 08-Apr-21 07:07:13

Can’t name anyone specific, but any new ‘celeb’ game show has the same faces.

There’s a new one starting with Tess Daley’s husband hosting, Vernon Whatsit, and have seen Amanda Holden in the trailer, plus is it Ricky ?, a comedienne/presenter on something else, and the usual others I can’t recall without seeing them again.

BigBertha1 Thu 08-Apr-21 07:23:45

Agreed. Rylan and Philip Schofield both extremely uninteresting characters.

dragonfly46 Thu 08-Apr-21 07:39:16

Tracy Dooley she is the BBC’s new favourite.

JustMe Thu 08-Apr-21 07:41:55

There are so many I am sick to death of, I don't know where to begin!

Paddy McGuinness, he just pops up on every inane game show or whatever. Yes to Martin Kemp and his son. Stacey Dooley. Freddie Flintoff. And a load of others I can't remember the names of.

It's like being in Groundhog day and it comes to something when you have a programme on and ten minutes later you think... I've seen this twice and I didn't enjoy it first time round.

So many repeats. So many same old faces. I think there's some dire karaoke new thing coming up on Saturday night, can't bear it. Telly has been dumbed down so much.

DillytheGardener Thu 08-Apr-21 07:45:05

Holly Willoughby & Phillip Schofield. Ant and Dec, Jeremy Clarkson...

lemsip Thu 08-Apr-21 07:46:09

painful to listen to Stacey Dooley.

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 08:01:26

crazyH

Tracy Solomon

Stacey

James Grant Management have a strangle hold on ITV.
JGM manages (off the top of my head) Philip Schofield (aswell as his daughter Molly who is also an agent for JGM, as is Jack Madeley, son of R&J); Ant & Dec (Ant's new wife also works for JGM); the ever unpopular Amanda Holden; Tess Daly and her plank of a husband Vernon; Keith Lemon (no comment); and James Grant's wife is Holly Willoughby.

It's all very nepotistic to say the least.
It's also rumoured to be the reason Fern Britton and Ruth get so hacked off.

BlueBelle Thu 08-Apr-21 08:14:53

Yes all of the above plus Bradley walsh and son
Rylan who I think is probably an ok bloke drives me to drink with his voice and teeth, myleen has started popping up a lot lately
I have another pet hate and that’s former politicians getting in on ‘so called’ reality programmes I Have to turn off
There must be thousands of people longing to get a tiny chink of an opportunity into showbiz but oh no roll out the same ole same ole
Don’t they realise how we are all turning off these awful programmes
I didn’t know about JGM fanny that sounds a valid reason
Well I switch over whenever I see any of those faces and as for Keith Lemmon I can’t bear to see his face so he disappears before I see him I wouldn’t watch anything he’s in I think he’s the most awful ‘entertainer’

Gannygangan Thu 08-Apr-21 08:16:52

Holly and Philip

JustMe Thu 08-Apr-21 09:48:07

There must be thousands of people longing to get a tiny chink of an opportunity into showbiz but oh no roll out the same ole same ole

I so agree with this. There will be a mine of untapped talent out there but somehow or other the 'entertainment' tv people seem to think we want the same old ones again and again. It's like some sort of chinese water torture!

Scarlett Moffatt. She's another one. Her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me.

Jane43 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:20:27

Stacey Dooley is another one who seems to be in everything since she won Strictly. She is a pleasant enough woman who made some very good documentaries but she is a very average presenter. It must be almost impossible for newcomers to break into tv work.

timetogo2016 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:25:53

Yes all of the above,but i do like Bradley Walsh and his son Barney.

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 11:15:12

I'm not sure if this is the case with Stacey Dooley, but it could be.
When a celebrity gets a generous golden handshake from the Beeb, they try to get their money's worth.

Stacey got into trouble for advertising hair dye last Summer, because she is tied into working solely for the BBC.

I know that the getting-your-moneys-worth policy was the case with Graham Norton; and it could be the same with Clare Balding too.