Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Jeremy Clarkson's Farm

(42 Posts)
BigBertha1 Sun 13-Jun-21 10:49:58

Just seen the first episode of this on Netflix and it had me roaring with laughter. I know he is not a particularly nice man but he is very self deprecating in this. A review in The Times today promises further laughter in more episodes and some wonderful locals who find him both funny and frustrating and tell him so. Second episode for me after lunch today.

Deedaa Sun 13-Jun-21 10:54:38

I must catch up with this. I did read that he didn't know that Lamborghini make tractors. I find that hard to believe, everyone who knows anything about luxury cars knows that Lamborghini started out making tractors.

BigBertha1 Sun 13-Jun-21 10:56:06

He's got a big one!

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 13-Jun-21 10:56:44

It’s on Amazon Prime, not Netflix?

BigBertha1 Sun 13-Jun-21 22:29:01

Sorry. Second episode hilarious in that he electrocuted himself but a bit sad as he genuinely seems to feel for his sheep.

Sparklefizz Mon 14-Jun-21 07:25:58

I started watching it last night and began to feel overwhelmed -all that land, so much to do and to learn, and no idea where to start. confused Maybe he is just a figurehead in order to make the film and to write his news articles?

travelsafar Mon 14-Jun-21 21:40:00

Started watchi g this and onto the episode with sheep and GERALD was in fits of laughter trying to understand him!!!! Lol. Dont usually like JC but in this program he is quite funny and I'm enjoying it.smile

Talullah Mon 14-Jun-21 21:42:45

I like Jeremy. Looking forward to this showsmile

NotAGran55 Mon 14-Jun-21 21:47:44

Loving this show . Have watched 3 episodes so far and looking forward to binge watching the rest soon.
? for him and his broken sheep ?.

merlotgran Wed 16-Jun-21 10:22:08

Just caught up with the first episode. Oh how DH would have laughed and shouted at JC in equal measure. For me the star of the show was the lovely Caleb.

Such an inspiration - Hard work, good humour and a huge depth of knowledge at only 21.

Why isn’t he on Countryfile?

Paperbackwriter Wed 16-Jun-21 10:26:07

Why isn’t he on Countryfile?

I don't think mainstream tv has got over the fact he punched his producer for not providing a late-night steak supper. Their loss, in my opinion. He's not necessarily someone I'd ever agree with on a political level but he's damn entertaining.

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Jun-21 10:44:47

I read an article about why he made this series. He said he had someone running the farm for him and when they retired he thought “how hard can it be?”. He said he thought the grass just grew and the animals ate it. He was hopelessly naive and said so.

AND he was putting in loads of work. He said it was tougher than anything he’d done before and he was losing money doing it so he thought he would resolve the money issue by filming his disasters as he knew it would be interesting.

I’d forgotten about it to be honest but it was nice to read about him and it sounded as though the programme would be self deprecating and funny. I’ll definitely try to find it now I’ve been reminded.

Theoddbird Wed 16-Jun-21 10:52:20

This is a available on Prime. I passed it by as I am not a fan of his.

SiobhanSharpe Wed 16-Jun-21 10:55:39

I have read a very scathing review of it...

RosieJ Wed 16-Jun-21 10:59:40

Paperbackwriter

*Why isn’t he on Countryfile?*

I don't think mainstream tv has got over the fact he punched his producer for not providing a late-night steak supper. Their loss, in my opinion. He's not necessarily someone I'd ever agree with on a political level but he's damn entertaining.

I think it's Caleb not JC Paperbackwriter meant.
I have to agree with other posters, the programme is both entertaining and insightful watching JC negotiate his new world. Loving it more than I thought I would. smile

merlotgran Wed 16-Jun-21 11:13:15

Paperbackwriter

*Why isn’t he on Countryfile?*

I was talking about Caleb, the young farmer who appeared in the first episode.

As far as I know he hasn’t punched any producers.

Aepgirl Wed 16-Jun-21 11:16:33

I would love to watch it but don’t have Netflix. Just because Jeremy Clarkson has strong views that he doesn’t keep to himself doesn’t mean he’s ‘not a nice man’. Only his friends and family would know.

merlotgran Wed 16-Jun-21 11:17:44

It’s on Amazon Prime, Apegirl

Minerva Wed 16-Jun-21 12:06:35

Aepgirl

I would love to watch it but don’t have Netflix. Just because Jeremy Clarkson has strong views that he doesn’t keep to himself doesn’t mean he’s ‘not a nice man’. Only his friends and family would know.

Punching a producer in the face because his late arrival at his hotel, long after the chef had gone home, meant he couldn’t have a hot meal, then yelling and swearing and threatening to sack the unfortunate underling, is nice behaviour and simply JC not keeping his strong views to himself? Well I live and learn.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 16-Jun-21 12:23:09

I don't have Amazon or Netflix and so I can't watch this but I do like JC as he's such a character. I read about his farming exploits in the Sunday Times and he's very entertaining.

GrauntyHelen Wed 16-Jun-21 12:52:28

Not a fan of JC but we are farmers and found the programme very entertaining We binge watched at the weekend

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Jun-21 13:05:59

I like him too, always have done, thanks for this BigBertha1, I’ve just watched the first two, most enjoyable.

Talullah Wed 16-Jun-21 13:18:03

I rather like the fact that his parents made the Paddington Bear we know and love. They just made a couple for Jeremy and his sister initially. Now, in the Michael Bond books, Paddington doesn't wear wellingtons. However, the toy bears made by the wonderful Mr and Mrs Clarkson, kept toppling over. And that's where the wellingtons came in. So they made Paddington some bespoke wellies and and the rest is history. Jeremy is a real character and is now back on mainstream TV doing Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I wouldn't be surprised if the farming show appears there sooner or later.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 16-Jun-21 13:39:18

I never go by reviews ( especially as Clarkson is a bit like Marmite) and this is so much more than just Clarkson, it’s the other people who come to his rescue that make it an interesting programme.
It just shows how many of us think that farmers have it easy and actually the reverse is true. Plus he brings a lot of humour to it, mostly of him making a complete hash of things, although I loved the Dry Walling chap who I would dare anyone to bet on understanding a word he says.
I’ve watched ‘tractoring’ and ‘sheeping’ and am waiting to binge watch the others when we get the chance.

tickingbird Wed 16-Jun-21 13:51:33

Watched two episodes last night and loved it. I like JC too.