Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Baptiste

(102 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 19-Jul-21 08:14:27

I ve look on Tv /films forum and surprisingly can’t find anything about the new Baptiste series started last night
Did anyone watch it ? I love this series so was eagerly looking forward to it and after a hectic day on the beach and in the sea sat down in the evening and woke up at 10 pm ???
Thankfully ‘catch up’ has helped me out at 7 am this morning

Did you enjoy it ? I think it’s going to be really good once I get my head around the past/ present flashbacks I do love our Julien

MerylStreep Mon 19-Jul-21 08:17:48

Watched it and liked it ?
All episodes are on iplayer so while I’m shielding from the heat ? I might watch more today.

Lucca Mon 19-Jul-21 08:19:50

Very good I thought.

Ellianne Mon 19-Jul-21 08:28:12

I enjoyed it, I agree the past/present was a bit awkward to begin with. Setting was interesting.

LullyDully Mon 19-Jul-21 08:29:51

Why is he so appealing? The eyes and the measured manner perhaps.

It looks intriguing, but we will resist the temptation to use catch up. So many hints to build on..., off we go.

sodapop Mon 19-Jul-21 08:30:26

I found the flashbacks difficult at first as well. Took me a while to really get involved with the story line. Look forward to see what happens next.

JaneJudge Mon 19-Jul-21 08:32:01

it's on iplayer catch up, the first series and subsequent ones i think
The missing, which he is in is on there too and it's brilliant imo (he is baptiste in the missing too)

JaneJudge Mon 19-Jul-21 08:32:27

sodapop

I found the flashbacks difficult at first as well. Took me a while to really get involved with the story line. Look forward to see what happens next.

my husband can't follow it either!

Greyduster Mon 19-Jul-21 08:37:17

We watched it. I always find flashbacks a bit irritating, but it got off to a good start. I don’t think it will be easy watching. Very tense already!

Lincslass Mon 19-Jul-21 08:41:49

Something to catch up on, really enjoyed the last series.

Ellianne Mon 19-Jul-21 08:41:51

Why is he so appealing? The eyes and the measured manner perhaps.
He is so full of mental anguish, almost tortured, yet he excels at his job.
Great acting.

grumppa Mon 19-Jul-21 08:45:54

Flashing back and forward very irritating, and I never thought Fiona Shaw would resort to mumbling.

TerriBull Mon 19-Jul-21 08:51:35

I did watch it, I really like the French actor with the tricky name who plays Baptise. I hope we will see him in other things now this will be the last series. I found it confusing though and got a bit muddled, but then I did fall asleep, not sure for how long, so may go back over it on I Player.

BlueBelle Mon 19-Jul-21 08:53:07

Oh so glad I m not the only one watching
Yes he is so appealing isn’t he ? may ne its the huge mental strength with the body vulnerability or just the direct intelligent way he converses he doesn’t waste any words
Can’t wait for the next episode but I will, I like watching back to back sometimes but I do like to look forward to something so will watch week by week

Mattsmum2 Mon 19-Jul-21 08:55:44

I’ve never watched this before but tuned in. Intriguing how it may play out. Makes me feel I need to watch series 1.

trisher Mon 19-Jul-21 09:10:59

Loved it. I thought Fiona Shaw was great (but she always is). He is so good and the story seems fascinating.So many unanswered questions. I'm resisting i-player and hanging on for the next episode.

Shropshirelass Mon 19-Jul-21 09:16:35

I missed most of it as I was getting the fans out to try to cool the house down a bit, got them up and running but couldn’t hear the TV because of the noise of the fans!! DH fell asleep clutching the remote, two dogs decided to sit on me and go to sleep. Great!! See if next week is better, need to get a remote for me I think!! !

Callistemon Mon 19-Jul-21 09:39:53

I found the flashbacks rather annoying but it seems to be the norm in books, TV series etc these days.

It did require concentration (and subtitles) and we had a phone call in the middle of it! but I think it will be very good.

Callistemon Mon 19-Jul-21 09:42:12

Loved it. I thought Fiona Shaw was great (but she always is).

Was it just me who got a tad confused at first, wondering how she got from MI6 to become British Ambassador?

(Got confused with Killing Eve grin, it must be my age)

Redhead56 Mon 19-Jul-21 09:46:23

Recorded can’t wait to watch it loved this series.

Gwyneth Mon 19-Jul-21 10:15:50

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to next episode.

Kate1949 Mon 19-Jul-21 10:25:01

Loved it.

Jane43 Mon 19-Jul-21 10:34:21

Flashbacks can be annoying but in this case he looks so different in each scenario it isn’t a problem for me.

henetha Mon 19-Jul-21 10:53:59

Yes, I'm not a flashbacks fan either, but I do love Baptiste and really enjoyed last night's episode so will definitely stick with it.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Jul-21 11:01:16

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this.
I'm not so into it, but it is worth following.
My main dislike is the 'depressed detective' theme. We have seen it in every way possible for about 20 odd years now!
Still, the two lead actors make it worth while.