Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Pam Ayres, the Cotswolds 8pm

(15 Posts)
lemsip Fri 17-Sep-21 19:48:43

a reminder. channel 5 Pam Ayres, The Cotswolds 8-9pm tonight

Aldom Fri 17-Sep-21 20:01:13

Thank you Lemsip. Pam grew up near me. Her cousin lives round the corner from me.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 17-Sep-21 20:10:39

Watching it now.

Bourton on the water looks lovely. Off to check it out on Booking.com ?

travelsafar Sat 18-Sep-21 09:40:33

A lovely gentle program. Pam Ayres was great with her cheeky smile and humour. One to watch for the weeks ahead.

Witzend Sat 18-Sep-21 09:47:06

I do love Pam Ayres, but was a mite disappointed with the emphasis on palaces and a retired rock star. Was hoping for more ‘ordinary’ stuff, quirky old places, little known beauty spots, etc. Anything ‘celeb’/or ‘rich and famous’ frankly leaves me cold.
I did love the very ancient oak tree, though.

shysal Sat 18-Sep-21 10:25:32

I enjoyed it as it is my local area, but the format was no different from all the other 'celebs around the UK' programmes. I was hoping for the odd poem, but no such luck.

Anniebach Sat 18-Sep-21 13:47:27

A glimpse of Bourton on the Water and then a retired pop star’s farm and his cheese , very disappointed.

ninathenana Sat 18-Sep-21 14:34:28

Bourton well worth a visit

bumblebee34 Sat 18-Sep-21 17:29:07

Shysal, I have just watched it on catchup and Pam did do a poem at the end about the brewery she visited and the shire horses who delivered the beer locally. It is my guess she may do a poem about one of the places she visits at the end of each episode maybe.

shysal Sat 18-Sep-21 19:19:30

Thanks bumblebee, perhaps I nodded off or the end didn't record!

lemsip Sat 18-Sep-21 19:57:09

Yes, I was disappointed with this, it fell flat for me..

Eloethan Sun 26-Sep-21 14:10:45

We went to Bourton on the Water a couple of years ago when we were staying in Stratford on Avon. I had never been there before and thought it lovely. We had a really nice salad in a pub there too - so much effort had gone into it.

Anniebach Sun 26-Sep-21 17:58:30

We saw little of Bourton on the Water

Grandma70s Sun 26-Sep-21 18:09:02

I was a bit disappointed, too. I love the Cotswolds and I love Pam Ayres, but charming as she is, I don’t think she’s a natural presenter or interviewer. Above all, we didn’t see enough of the Cotswolds.

Sparklefizz Sun 26-Sep-21 18:25:31

Grandma70s

I was a bit disappointed, too. I love the Cotswolds and I love Pam Ayres, but charming as she is, I don’t think she’s a natural presenter or interviewer. Above all, we didn’t see enough of the Cotswolds.

I was just about to say that .... however likeable someone may be, they may not be a natural presenter or interviewer. And in my opinion we saw too much of the canal and the actress from Bridgerton and not enough of the Cotswolds.