Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

married at first sight uk

(15 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 19-Sep-21 09:16:51

A friend said i needed to watch this as a real eye opener. Not really my cup of tea but one evening when not much else on i did and i am hooked. Watched all the current series then i have started on the older ones. Luckily on catch up you can fast forward the repetitive bits and get to the more interesting sections. Some of the girls are such divas in series 6. In the earlier ones maybe not quite so bad. It is very interesting to watch what the younger generation are prepared to endure in exchange for the possiblity of becoming a 'celebrity' and to raise their profile on Instragam and the like. Some of the girls are stunnning but when you see how they behave you understand why they are still single!!!! Very interesting. Anyone else gonna confess to watching lol smile

Beechnut Sun 19-Sep-21 10:20:47

Me, I confess travelsafar. I’m watching the present UK series and I’ve watched some of the ones from Australia. Having met DH in my mid teens their lives of love lost and hopefully found again I find very different to my own life.

foxie48 Sun 19-Sep-21 13:42:46

I will confess to watching Married at first sight Australia in the first lockdown. My daughter suggested I watch it and much to my amazement I got hooked! I haven't watched any of the UK series as I'm too busy ATM but once the weather turns I'll probably give it a go, feet up on the sofa, dog on my lap and a fire going!

shysal Sun 19-Sep-21 16:57:45

I got hooked on the Australian versions, and the latest UK one is following the same format so I am loving it!

I can also recommend Love is Blind on Netflix and The Bachelor Australia on the channel 4 player.

Hithere Sun 19-Sep-21 18:34:35

It is a trainwreck.
I swear they set up some couples for failure from the beginning

Still entertaining

Grandmabatty Sun 19-Sep-21 18:54:08

No, not for me. I don't watch much reality telly.

BlueBelle Sun 19-Sep-21 18:58:48

Nah not me either mind you I may be missing something wonderful but it doesn’t appeal at all

Armynanny Tue 21-Sep-21 12:32:07

Started watching the last series and now watching series 6. Not my usual sort of programme at all, a load of rubbish but easy to watch. As travlesafar said “some right divas in this series’. You would hope that they have all been interviewed thoroughly and that they would be able to match them well but not sure they have. Waiting to see how long the marriages last. My dear old nan (born in 1900) used to say “you don’t know someone until you live with them”, so very true.

gulligranny Tue 21-Sep-21 13:12:18

Like Shysal, another addict here, now that the UK version is similar to the Australian one. The girls are so high-maintenance with such terrifying expectations, and I find the constant use of the F-word a bit off-putting, but when the barriers come down there are some very sweet people - as well as some dreadful ones - and it's interesting to see how they change and develop (or not) throughout the series.

Sunlover Tue 21-Sep-21 16:35:05

I watched the Australian version and was hooked. Watching series 6 of UK one at the moment. I agree that I can see why some of the people on there are single!!

DiscoDancer1975 Tue 21-Sep-21 16:40:46

It’s the sort of thing that’s interesting once, so one episode. A whole series?.....no, never.

shysal Fri 24-Sep-21 17:53:08

I see that the next Australian one is to follow next week, I am thrilled! blush

shysal Fri 01-Oct-21 07:35:50

What a blunder last night for the finale of this series, they showed the day before's episode! The recent channel 4 problems have been blamed. I hope to see the end eventually. I can't see any of the couples staying together long term.

Beechnut Fri 01-Oct-21 07:49:58

I missed it last night shysal. I’d like to see the end one as I’ve a feeling someone may have proposed. We’ll see!

Beechnut Sat 02-Oct-21 12:11:22

I watched the last one last night.