Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Get me out of here

(177 Posts)
sodapop Mon 22-Nov-21 12:16:26

I see it's started already the relentless covering of this programme. Why do news programmes feel they have to tell us about this ad nauseum. Second rate so called celebrities exposing their frailties to the world.
OK rant over what do other people think.

crazyH Mon 22-Nov-21 12:22:58

Stars who have lost their glimmer - they go on shows like these, to replenish their bank balances. I like the ‘challenges’ but except when they have to eat those little worms …

Teacheranne Mon 22-Nov-21 12:25:13

This is one of those programmes I do not watch neither do I read newspaper articles about their antics. I’m not bothered though if other people enjoy them, some people don’t enjoy the types of programmes that I watch!

I did enjoy a visit to the castle when in Wales earlier this year.

Sashabel Mon 22-Nov-21 13:47:27

Can't understand why people watch this rubbish. It's the lowest form of entertainment. Every night for the next two weeks!!

MissAdventure Mon 22-Nov-21 14:23:10

I tried to watch it last night, but it really was a load of old twaddle.
One of the slebs was called Naughty Boy, and another, something like Snitchy Snoodle.

Knittynatter Mon 22-Nov-21 14:38:02

I usually enjoy this and was looking forward to seeing Simon Gregson ( Steve off Corrie)
But sadly I am unable to watch it because Richard Madeley is taking part. If there was ever a person I switch off the tele for, it’s him! ?

Redhead56 Mon 22-Nov-21 15:43:35

I find it hard to believe how people can watch such crap. The people who take part are desperate for money or seeking attention.

Chestnut Mon 22-Nov-21 15:46:57

Redhead56 I think they'd like you to believe they are jolly good sports or really brave people who like a challenge ???

AGAA4 Mon 22-Nov-21 15:50:24

Not remotely interested in these so called celebrities so spending my time watching them and their antics sounds very boring to me.
People seem to like this programme though so if it makes them happy then so be it.

Namsnanny Mon 22-Nov-21 15:51:21

I never watch the poison dwarves but I conceed (with my nose in the air) they can be very funny (at others expense).
Signing off as Mrs H. Buckett.

grannyrebel7 Mon 22-Nov-21 15:56:26

Just me then! It's one of my favourite programmes! I love it and want Richard Madely to win! I think it's just a little bit of light entertainment which we all (well some of us!) need on these dark nights. My DH can't stand Richard so will enjoy seeing him get picked for the trials. I think he's a marmite type of person. I love Ant & Dec too, so funny!

Bridie22 Mon 22-Nov-21 16:10:48

Look forward to it every year, ?

grandMattie Mon 22-Nov-21 16:16:50

Don’t watch and never have. I don’t understand the need to be so cruel and why the celebs go. Money ? ?

nadateturbe Mon 22-Nov-21 16:20:10

I like Richard Madeley but I hate this kind of programme. Never watch.

Lexisgranny Mon 22-Nov-21 16:23:16

From what I read, and from the numerous clips that seem to be everywhere, the contestants are basically there for money, with the odd one or two fancying their chances because they are fit (in the athletic sense’. The rest do it to booster flagging careers.

ayse Mon 22-Nov-21 16:29:45

I’ve never seen any of them. Celebrity tv is so tedious and so many of them are vacuous. Reality tv is just not my thing although I admit to liking WDYTYA because of my interest in genealogy.

Zoejory Mon 22-Nov-21 16:39:52

Of course the celebrities do it for money. I'd probably do it for half Richard Madeley's alleged 200 grand.

I have watched a few of these. The earlier ones were better. I'll never forget Gillian McKeith's" fainting session" in front of Ant and Dec

I watch it along with my daughter who is down south. We chat about it on WhatsApp. It does garner a few negative comments but it's not doing much harm.

Unless you're a witchetty grub of course

Pittcity Mon 22-Nov-21 16:40:53

I enjoy watching but only on catch up as the ads are twice as long as the programme.

kissngate Mon 22-Nov-21 16:43:30

We both enjoy I'm a Celebrity but this year I'm only interested in one .... David Ginola. He can get me out of here anytime ?

Zoejory Mon 22-Nov-21 16:45:39

Sashabel

Can't understand why people watch this rubbish. It's the lowest form of entertainment. Every night for the next two weeks!!

Three weeks, Sashabel!

Sashabel Mon 22-Nov-21 17:07:24

OMG!!! That's even worse, Zorjory.

Smileless2012 Mon 22-Nov-21 17:13:37

Not just you grannyrebel I love it too. Not a fan of RM but enjoy watching Ant and Dec.

MissAdventure Mon 22-Nov-21 17:15:01

I only like Richard Madeley out of all of them.
I only know a couple of the others, anyway.

Sunnysideup Mon 22-Nov-21 17:21:49

Love it! I record it and then watch it while I’m having my breakfast and David Ginola could share my breakfast with me any time. Bet none of you lot watched MAFSA (or would own up to it)!

MissAdventure Mon 22-Nov-21 17:24:34

What's MAFSA?