Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Hour - Prime

(8 Posts)
vegansrock Wed 22-Jun-22 06:40:21

I’ve only just found this series - Anyone else seen this? Ben Willshaw and Dominic West amongst other great cast. It’s set in a 1950s BBC news programme, lots of period touches. I’m loving it and would recommend.

Sparklefizz Wed 22-Jun-22 07:24:14

Thanks for this vegansrock. I am looking for something to watch.

BigBertha1 Wed 22-Jun-22 10:07:15

Its wonderful. We saw it when it was on TV. If you like that you might like The Post a Meryl Streep film about a newspaper (USA) its on one of the streaming stations.

Sparklefizz Wed 22-Jun-22 20:21:52

Loving The Hour. I've only watched the 1st episode so far ... the period touches are great, and Romola has hair to die for.

Franbern Fri 24-Jun-22 09:48:44

I watched this when it was on Tv and now have the DVD of the whole series. Absolutely brilliant.
With Neighbours ceasing at end of July, and Doctors off until September, think I will get out these DVD and enjoy again.

Sparklefizz Tue 28-Jun-22 15:31:10

I have just finished Series 1 and am delighted to find that there is Series 2! Yay! What with that and the tennis, I'll be stuck to the sofa for a fortnight.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 28-Jun-22 15:39:00

OH and I have only recently discovered ‘Killing Eve’. We are half way through series 2. Our big binge watch during the first lockdown was the whole of the West Wing.

Sparklefizz Mon 04-Jul-22 11:44:16

There's talk of making Series 3 of The Hour and I really do hope they do. It's the best drama I've watched for a while with an excellent cast, and I felt bereft when it finished.