Brilliant

Pittcity Sun 26-Jun-22 20:41:24

I'm singing along too.

Chocolatelovinggran Sun 26-Jun-22 20:50:35

Blooming brilliant ?

Pantglas2 Sun 26-Jun-22 20:51:47

It’s being recorded….?

PamelaJ1 Sun 26-Jun-22 20:53:28

Is it just me or is there a reason why so many musicians keep their hair?
We’ve been watching too.

Jane43 Sun 26-Jun-22 21:03:37

I’m watching this. So nice to see Glen Frey’s son Deacon singing his Dad’s songs with the band. A friend went to see them recently at Anfield, I had no idea they were touring over here.

Cherrytree59 Sun 26-Jun-22 21:14:14

Loving it ?

Wolwol Sun 26-Jun-22 21:19:54

Juliet27 Thank you for thissmile Watching...

Mancjules Sun 26-Jun-22 22:25:58

A real treat. Seen them 4 times through the years...their music has been my soundtrack!

BigBertha1 Mon 27-Jun-22 07:05:06

Wonder ful show. I saw them on Monday evening in Liverpool. Flawless performance and the singing was great. I found it very moving as the music took me a long way down nostalgia lane.

Juliet27 Mon 27-Jun-22 07:11:05

Just a perfect, accurate performance with no unnecessary gimmicks. Nostalgia indeed

CaravanSerai Mon 27-Jun-22 07:23:34

One of my all time favourite bands right from the very early days with Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner.

Thank you for the reminder that this is showing again.

I've also seen The Eagles a couple of times: at Wembley in 1975 as part of a summer bill which had Elton John headlining. He'd just released Captain Fantastic. The Beach Boys, Rufus with Chaka Khan, Stackridge. Joe Walsh had separate billing. Jackson Browne played with The Eagles on Take It Easy. Tickets cost £3.50.

Then at Wembley again in 1996 for the Hell Freezes Over tour.

Great memories. Anyone else go to these?

Jane43 Mon 27-Jun-22 08:24:27

I can recommend Don Felder’s autobiography. Setting aside his bitterness at being dropped from the group there is a lot if detail about the band’s early days and members if the group. I do miss his duelling guitars slot with Joe Walsh.

Jane43 Mon 27-Jun-22 08:25:12

Members ‘of’ the group.

CaravanSerai Mon 27-Jun-22 08:45:33

Jane43 That elongated intro they used to do to Hotel California - up there with the intro to Lou Reed's Sweet Jane imo. I was a big fan of the James Gang with Joe Walsh.

VB000 Mon 27-Jun-22 09:42:30

CaravanSerai

One of my all time favourite bands right from the very early days with Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner.

Thank you for the reminder that this is showing again.

I've also seen The Eagles a couple of times: at Wembley in 1975 as part of a summer bill which had Elton John headlining. He'd just released Captain Fantastic. The Beach Boys, Rufus with Chaka Khan, Stackridge. Joe Walsh had separate billing. Jackson Browne played with The Eagles on Take It Easy. Tickets cost £3.50.

Then at Wembley again in 1996 for the Hell Freezes Over tour.

Great memories. Anyone else go to these?

What a line-up that was! Great that Deacon Frey is playing with the band too.

Yes I was at the Hell Freezes Over tour at Wembley, a fantastic evening. Remember being amazed that the first song was Hotel California!

henetha Mon 27-Jun-22 09:55:12

Fantastic aren't they. I love their music. Apart from their well known ones, I also like "No more cloudy days".

Jane43 Mon 27-Jun-22 11:05:43

A friend told me that Deacon Frey left the band but now guests occasionally.

Jane43 Mon 27-Jun-22 11:16:20

CaravanSerai

Jane43 That elongated intro they used to do to Hotel California - up there with the intro to Lou Reed's Sweet Jane imo. I was a big fan of the James Gang with Joe Walsh.

I know. Joe Walsh is my favourite member of The Eagles, he is amazing and was even more so with Don Felder. A friend who plays guitar pointed out that Joe talks to his guitar when he is playing and he is right, he is in a world of his own. Joe has been a hell raiser in his youth and tells a funny story in the box set History Of The Eagles. He said unfortunately Keith Moon (RIP) decided he liked him and they used to trash hotel rooms etc together. They visited a posh restaurant together and were refused entry because they had jeans on. They went away, purchased some black spray paint, sprayed their jeans and were allowed in. When they left the restaurant their seats were covered in black paint.