Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Thirteen Lives

(7 Posts)
Littleannie Fri 05-Aug-22 21:59:56

Has anyone else watched this film about the Thai cave rescue? It's on Amazon Prime. A very long film, but absolutely gripping.

Maz65 Fri 05-Aug-22 22:54:12

Yes just watched it. Brilliant and gripping. Such brave people who risked so much. If it wasn’t true you’d think it was far fetched.

Jane43 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:50:52

I watched this last night, what a great film and very heart warming to see how many people were involved in saving the boys and their coach.

supernanauna1 Mon 08-Aug-22 15:00:41

Brilliant movie. So well done that even though i knew the outcome there were times when my heart was in my mouth. Very brave men to take on the responsibility for children's lives. Heartwarming.

tanith Mon 08-Aug-22 15:30:49

I could hardly bear to look at times excellent film worth another watch.

MerylStreep Mon 08-Aug-22 15:37:25

Maz65
We said the same thing.
I’ve got a good idea for a film. 12 children are trapped in a flooded dangerous cave. The only way to rescue them is to sedate them and put an oxygen mask on them. It will only take 7hrs to get each one out.
Reads like a goer, doesn’t it.

Wonderful wonder story of human endeavour. ??

notnecessarilywiser Tue 09-Aug-22 07:47:50

I saw that it was almost two and a half hours long before we started watching, and we agreed that we'd watch until bedtime then watch the remainder the following night. There was no way either of us could bear to stop watching it - so gripping, even though we knew the outcome.