Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bloodlands

(34 Posts)
Shirleyw Tue 27-Sep-22 20:20:05

been watching the new series, really enjoying it, James Nesbit is such a good actor.

BigBertha1 Tue 27-Sep-22 22:29:16

Another far fetched take and that woman is so creepy and her make up is bizarre...is it meant to be deliberately scary.

Nana3 Tue 27-Sep-22 22:51:14

James Nesbit looks permanently constipated ?

Calendargirl Sun 09-Oct-22 19:16:33

Been catching up with this on i player.

Think it’s pretty good actually, better than the first series, I can follow this one!

Pittcity Mon 10-Oct-22 08:58:00

I was so upset at the end of last night's episode. ?

Calendargirl Mon 10-Oct-22 09:26:35

Haven’t watched it yet as I was watching the last Karen Pirie, will catch up soon though.

CyberBug123 Mon 10-Oct-22 09:49:13

I found it very frustrating and was actually shouting at the tv - the young guy should have listened to me that's all I'm saying. James Nesbit not a great actor but he seems to get some interesting parts. Remember the woman from years ago being in Trial & Retribution - know there was a good series - and it goes to show you need a bit of weight on when you get older smile

Glorianny Mon 10-Oct-22 10:52:00

I'm still trying to work out the timing on this. It's 25 years next year since the peace agreement was signed. Wasn't it before that that Goliath was active? So how old is the character? and how old is the daughter?

pascal30 Mon 10-Oct-22 11:00:26

BigBertha1

Another far fetched take and that woman is so creepy and her make up is bizarre...is it meant to be deliberately scary.

Iagree,she is quite bizarre looking.. great figure though

Calendargirl Mon 10-Oct-22 11:01:40

I think Victoria Smurfit has had some ‘work’ done.

She was very pretty in T&R.

Calendargirl Tue 11-Oct-22 20:59:37

Just caught up with this.

Oh no! Birdy!

NanKate Tue 11-Oct-22 21:31:44

Well VS needs to ask for her money back Calendargirl, her cheeks look very odd.

Calendargirl Tue 11-Oct-22 21:36:02

Yes, her cheeks (and eyes) look like so many celebs do if they’ve had something done.

Trying to look like they did 20 years ago.

Just end up looking permanently startled, and frankly, weird.

Shirleyw Wed 12-Oct-22 05:26:49

Oh yes, cyberburg, thought I’d seen her before, I too liked T&R….she has had some work done ?…..I’m still enjoying Bloodlands though. Just 1 or 2 episodes left isn’t there?

Bea65 Wed 12-Oct-22 12:56:46

SORRY what is T&R? Agree with comments about face make-up from episode 1-4 her makeup seems to have dried up on forehead and then in episode 4, she looked so different..maybe was filmed over months..Nesbitt also looked like he is wearing eye liner beneath eye...maybe it my eyesightgrin

Auntieflo Wed 12-Oct-22 14:23:33

Such a shock at the end of the last episode.
I don't really know who Victoria Smurfit is.
But, I do think James Nesbitt's eyebrows need mention. So dark, thick and mobile. Have they been dyed? They change with each episode.

Calendargirl Wed 12-Oct-22 15:33:50

T&R is Trial and Retribution Bea, a police series a few years ago.

Victoria Smurfit is an Irish actress,was in Ballykissangel, also years ago.

Calendargirl Wed 19-Oct-22 07:18:24

Does anyone think James Nesbitt will get his comeuppance in the final episode next week, or will he live to fight another day in Series 3?

Far fetched, but I have enjoyed this series very much.

Greyduster Wed 19-Oct-22 07:33:55

I don’t think there will be another series - they’ve shown his hand too much in this one. And despatched a major character. The last episode was shocking.

Iam64 Wed 19-Oct-22 07:37:57

I’m gripped but agree, some scenes are shocking. Imo,
Victoria Smurfit would look much better without the ‘work’ she’s had done on her face. I understand some of the pressures female actors are under but faces that have had work rarely look better

Grannynannywanny Wed 19-Oct-22 07:49:23

I’m hoping it doesn’t go to yet another series Calendargirl without uncovering his vile deeds. I think he was beginning to show cracks after Birdy’s killing .

I’m looking forward to seeing how it all unravels for him in the final episode.

Jaxjacky Wed 19-Oct-22 08:14:56

I too hope he’s caught out in the last episode. We are thoroughly enjoying this series, it’s taught, unpredictable and for us a must watch.

pascal30 Wed 19-Oct-22 19:19:06

I bet his wife reappears at some point...

Startingover61 Thu 20-Oct-22 13:08:42

I’m really enjoying this series. Like James Nesbitt as an actor. Looking forward to the final episode on Sunday. Still quite a few questions to be answered. My only criticism is Victoria Smurfit’s acting.

Grannynannywanny Sun 23-Oct-22 22:28:42

That was a disappointing ending and presumably has left it open for a third series.