Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Am I being unreasonable? (BBC 'comedy')

(17 Posts)
GagaJo Wed 28-Sep-22 21:38:09

Anyone else watched this? I liked it, main character is very funny, but can't watch it again because of the horrific death scenes.

GrandmasueUK Fri 30-Sep-22 15:14:43

I really enjoyed this, the death scenes were only split seconds and nothing graphic was shown. I wasn’t a huge fan of Daisy May Cooper but I liked the series. The son is a terrific actor and apparently some of the scenes were ad-libbed, but I’d be hard pressed to say which ones they were.

vegansrock Fri 30-Sep-22 15:20:36

Ooh yes love this series. The little boy is brilliant. I loved Daisy May Cooper in This Country, she is so talented.

tickingbird Fri 30-Sep-22 15:31:16

I started to watch last night so I’ve only seen episode 1. Quite enjoyed it.

MayBee70 Fri 30-Sep-22 16:40:26

I just saw her on a HIGNFY from a couple of weeks ago and rather like her so I’ll give this a go.

MayBee70 Sat 01-Oct-22 19:03:55

Binge watched it today as I’m staying at my daughters and am struggling with the tv controls ( tv is stuck on Amazon prime or iplayer). Rather liked it: it’s a bit like a very dark Motherland. I did struggle with the accident bit, though, but it is relevant to the plot. That young lad is excellent.

JaneJudge Sat 01-Oct-22 19:08:51

I loved This Country so I am hoping this will be good too smile

Greg Davies in the cleaner was a bit grim too but still funny

JaneJudge Sat 01-Oct-22 19:09:58

vegansrock

Ooh yes love this series. The little boy is brilliant. I loved Daisy May Cooper in This Country, she is so talented.

Every time I see a scarecrow I think of This Country or if I go to the tip grin it was such a good series

MayBee70 Sun 02-Oct-22 12:27:37

I still haven’t watched This Country but my daughter keeps telling me how good it is.

MerylStreep Sun 02-Oct-22 12:32:46

MayBee70
Look for the exit on the remote, that should take you back to tv.

MayBee70 Sun 02-Oct-22 16:25:55

MerylStreep

MayBee70
Look for the exit on the remote, that should take you back to tv.

My grandson is now home and has sorted the tv out. My other grandson told me to press the button top right on the remote but I wasn’t paying attention and was using the wrong remote! I’m such a technophobe!

TerriBull Mon 03-Oct-22 21:15:42

Just watched this right through, it's very original, the little boy cast as her son, is a real talent. A dark, twisty ending didn't see that comingshock I wonder if there will be a series 2? Certainly a change from This Country, which I loved.

MayBee70 Mon 03-Oct-22 21:18:07

I’m going to rewatch it because I didn’t pay attention to a lot of it.

Bea65 Tue 04-Oct-22 20:07:27

I'm enjoying it...bit off the wall but all actors very convincing and deal with life matters in a somewhat comedic way..love the son how he deals with his mother but oh sad about the cat!

MayBee70 Tue 04-Oct-22 22:33:22

It took me a few episodes to realise she actually lived with her husband!

Eloethan Sun 16-Oct-22 22:26:52

I liked it at the start and thought there were some very funny lines. However, as it went on I began to dislike the crudity and the unpleasantness of all the characters. I suppose it was meant to be some sort of parody of domestic mystery dramas but it just didn't work for me.

MayBee70 Tue 18-Oct-22 22:34:25

I thought I’d watched all of it but I often nod off when watching tv and realised that I’d missed a really important episode.