Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Landscape Artist of the Year

(10 Posts)
MayBee70 Sat 28-Jan-23 22:07:28

I fell asleep watching episode 3: so annoyed with myself as it’s one of my favourite programmes. If anyone notices that it’s repeated please let me know. Sometimes I hit upon unexpected repeats of Sky Arts programmes at odd times. I checked out the schedules and there was no mention of it being repeated, though. On a sad note, whilst googling it I read that Joan Bakewell has had colon cancer. Is undergoing treatment and it is very treatable so fingers crossed for her; bit of a shock to read, though, as she’s someone that I have a great fondness for.

NorthFace Sat 28-Jan-23 22:28:02

Episode 3 of the new series is repeated tomorrow, Sunday 29 January midday.

MayBee70 Sat 28-Jan-23 22:40:30

Thank you!

Deedaa Wed 08-Feb-23 21:52:55

Did anyone watch Landscape Artist Of The Year tonight and see the 91 year old lady who was painting? Made me feel that I'm not really trying and might have years of work left.

MayBee70 Wed 08-Feb-23 23:00:13

I fell asleep again! I’ve started falling asleep on the sofa every evening!

MayBee70 Thu 16-Feb-23 20:08:40

Fell asleep again and then missed tonight’s repeat! I’ll catch it on Sunday hopefully. I read an article in the Tines that said they felt the judges should change as the people commissioning the painting pay a lot of money and the judges keep choosing rather strange winners.

LadyGracie Thu 16-Feb-23 23:24:11

There was a fabulous artist on this week, she painted a beautiful landscape capturing the scene. Did she win? No, not even in the final three.

MayBee70 Fri 17-Feb-23 07:21:27

It’s repeated on Sunday at 12. I should be awake then!

shysal Fri 17-Feb-23 09:44:38

My TV magazine doesn't tell me which are repeats so I set them all to record, sometimes 3 in the same day on Sky arts. There are old 2014 and 2017 series of Landscape and Portrait running as well as the 2023 one. The Ascot picnic episode still seems to appear at least once a week!

I often don't agree with the judges' choices, but what do I know apart, from what pleases me? I also find myself repeating 'Tai-Shan Schierenberg' over and over to myself, as I love the sound of it (Hurtigruten too!). blush

Lovetopaint037 Fri 17-Feb-23 10:01:42

Deedaa

Did anyone watch Landscape Artist Of The Year tonight and see the 91 year old lady who was painting? Made me feel that I'm not really trying and might have years of work left.

She was amazing. It was so hot it got too much for her but she resumed as soon as she could. I liked her painting and hoped she would at least be chosen as one of the three. I knew she wouldn’t be selected as the recognition is usually given to the young and aspiring. Some odd selections are made and there are usually cries of disbelief from dh. but I enjoy it. I love Tai-Shan Schieranberg. He is a great painter.