Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Three Pines on Prime Video

(14 Posts)
schnackie Sat 04-Feb-23 20:15:44

I have watched all 8 episodes (4 subplots) and the ending really shocked me. I won't give it away, but I thought it was a great detective drama, and set in French Canada which is a place we don't see much of. I would highly recommend if you're looking for a new drama.

Glorianny Sat 04-Feb-23 21:01:14

Oh is this Inspector Gamache? I love the books. So many fascinating characters.

Mollygo Sat 04-Feb-23 22:21:37

We watched that on the recommendation of someone on GN. Really enjoyable.

Doodledog Sat 04-Feb-23 22:50:19

Thanks, schnackie.

I’m looking for something to watch after Happy Valley finishes, and this sounds like it might fit the bill.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Feb-23 08:14:38

Thanks schnackie I'll take a look.

Iam64 Sun 05-Feb-23 08:34:32

I’m with Glorianny, love the books. I’ve watched one series and plan to return to it after Tonight 😵‍💫😉🍾

Greyduster Sun 05-Feb-23 08:39:53

I watched three episodes, but then got sidetracked so I must try and get back to it. The rookie cop is very annoying.

schnackie Sun 05-Feb-23 11:17:19

And thanks to those of you that recommended the books! I didn't know about them. It's not quite Happy Valley but it's not too far off (in my opinion..) The annoying rookie cop is barely in the last few episodes.

Glorianny Sun 05-Feb-23 11:30:59

Please can someone tell me if the characters in this are true to the books? I've been in love with Gamache for ages and I adore Ruth Zardo and all the other characters. I've mixed feelings about watching this. Part of me wants to see it and part wants my imaginary 3 Pines to stay as it has been since I first read the books.

Floradora9 Sun 05-Feb-23 13:28:06

Think I was the one to mention these videos in the first place and yes they are very true to the books down to the duck and the village. I have just read Louise Penny's latest book and loved it as much as all the others. I hope they do more for Amazon Prime as these went right back to the first books . The book is called " A world of curiosities "

pascal30 Sun 05-Feb-23 13:45:35

I'm also a great fan of the books. I don't have PrimeVideo but perhaps the series will come to Channel 4 Walter Presents at some time in the future.. I hope so..

Sar53 Sun 05-Feb-23 13:46:38

I have just discovered this series and have watched the first two episodes. A bit different from the norm but enjoyable. I will watch the rest soon.

Iam64 Sun 05-Feb-23 19:09:04

Yes, it’s worth watching gloryannie, Gamache is good

Oreo Sun 05-Feb-23 20:22:42

Me and DP enjoyed this series, a bit on the slow side but worth watching.Is it a duck, I thought it was a goose😄
Good to see something set in Canada for a change.