Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

2nd Strictly Come Dancing 2023 thread

(609 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sun 12-Nov-23 20:01:54

We're ready for Blackpool !

Grannynannywanny Sun 12-Nov-23 20:07:14

Does anyone believe Shirley? If the outcome was dependent on her vote would she really have saved Krishnan??
I don’t believe that for a minute.

Oh well that’s it till the Angela Rippon Nostalgia Show next week.

Thank you for the new thread Sparklefizz.

rafichagran Sun 12-Nov-23 20:10:18

It's a shame Krishnan has gone and I agreed with Shirley. He was a gracious man, who improved every week and he was s joy to watch.
Lauren has become my favourite proffesional dancer.

Sara1954 Sun 12-Nov-23 20:11:30

I don’t think I can bear to watch, I’ll probably watch on catch up and just watch the dances.

ginny Sun 12-Nov-23 20:12:13

Well, one of them had to disagree so it didn’t make the obvious result obvious.

MerylStreep Sun 12-Nov-23 20:19:35

I’d like to know how they’re going to fit in a leg lift if AR ever does the jive or samba. Not that that’s going to happen 😉

Mollygo Sun 12-Nov-23 20:23:01

Sara1954

I don’t think I can bear to watch, I’ll probably watch on catch up and just watch the dances.

That’s just what I’ve been doing. It’s the foregone conclusions but that makes it boring.
When you know who’s going to get the high marks, even when their performance has been criticised by the judges, it makes it less interesting.

Sara1954 Sun 12-Nov-23 20:26:01

Oh I’m sure they’ll manage to Merylstreep, then she can sit in a bench and jiggle her feet around a bit, and Craig will say it’s A-MAZ-ING

Mollygo Sun 12-Nov-23 20:39:46

Sara1954

Oh I’m sure they’ll manage to Merylstreep, then she can sit in a bench and jiggle her feet around a bit, and Craig will say it’s A-MAZ-ING

She’ll manage it just the same as Ellie Simmonds did. The dancers do whatever they can within their abilities.

Sparklefizz Sun 12-Nov-23 20:41:18

AR obviously hasn't got the public vote or she would not have been in the dance off two weeks running. She nearly fell over tonight. Craig picked up on that but still saved her.

If there is a nostalgic AR-Blackpool-thing next week, I shall go off and put the kettle on as I don't want to see it. I've never liked her whatever programme she has been on, and I like her even less now.

Sara1954 Sun 12-Nov-23 20:46:04

Sparklefizz
Agree, to be honest I’ve never seen her in anything but the News, but I certainly haven’t warmed to her in Strictly

Louella12 Sun 12-Nov-23 20:48:23

Well I'm the odd one out. I'm glad they kept Angela. Never really liked Krishnan.

Sara1954 Sun 12-Nov-23 20:52:56

I like Krishnan, but I’ll be really sorry not to see Lauren dancing, she is definitely one of my favourites.

Joseann Sun 12-Nov-23 20:59:07

Before she slipped and nearly fell, AR almost lost her balance but did manage to correct herself.
I think she will struggle to cover the area of the Blackpool Ballroom as it is 3 times the size of the Strictly dance floor. The younger ones will travel faster and use all the floor area, it will play into the hands of Bobby and Annabel who are agile and have long legs! Ellie and AngelaS will throw themselves into it, so with any luck AngelaR will stand out for not being able to fill the space, especially if she sits on the bench for half the dance!

MerylStreep Sun 12-Nov-23 20:59:10

Mollygo
Obviously my sarcasm passed you by 😂
AR Seems to have missed 🤔 the dances I mentioned.

If I see one more leg lift I won’t be responsible for my actions 😱

Calendargirl Sun 12-Nov-23 21:02:41

Do we know which dance AR has to do next week?

I switched over after the results so missed if it was announced.

Joseann Sun 12-Nov-23 21:04:58

I don't think we were told her next dance because it's usually the contestants on the sofa who get to tell Claudia when they are interviewed. AR was busy getting ready to re dance.

Mollygo Sun 12-Nov-23 22:08:56

MerylStreep

Mollygo

Yes you’re right, it passed me by. It still has.
Which are the dances Angela “missed”?
Surely you’re not suggesting that anything on strictly is fixed or even worse . . . A foregone conclusion?

Callistemon21 Sun 12-Nov-23 22:32:21

Mollygo

MerylStreep

Mollygo

Yes you’re right, it passed me by. It still has.
Which are the dances Angela “missed”?
Surely you’re not suggesting that anything on strictly is fixed or even worse . . . A foregone conclusion?

Claims being made on social media have left people unconvinced that the dances selected for Angela are at random. Fans have claimed that she has been given the ‘easier’ dances – with all of her dances so far being slower ones.

Plymouth Live

Mollygo Sun 12-Nov-23 22:49:20

Oh I see. Claims made on social media.
Well if they believe all the claims made on social media about anything and everything . . . 🤣🤣🤣

maddyone Sun 12-Nov-23 23:35:21

I hope AR goes next week.

Sara1954 Mon 13-Nov-23 06:50:01

Maddyone
I agree, but the very fact that she is dancing in Blackpool brings the integrity of the BBC into question.
Everyone I’ve chatted to since last night are of the same opinion.

Joseann Mon 13-Nov-23 07:43:51

Does anyone know whether the judges are actually told of the public vote results before they judge the dance off?

Clawdy Mon 13-Nov-23 08:28:37

It was obvious Shirley was pretending she'd have voted for Krishnan, to quell rumours about the choice being a fix to get AR to Blackpool. Pathetic.

lixy Mon 13-Nov-23 08:35:08

Clawdy

It was obvious Shirley was pretending she'd have voted for Krishnan, to quell rumours about the choice being a fix to get AR to Blackpool. Pathetic.

She said she would have voted for the 'more grounded' couple - I guess she meant that Krishnan didn't nearly fall over.

I shall miss him dancing, and am sorry that he has been voted off. I love that he was wearing the Ukrainian colours this week.