Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

T V adverts

(59 Posts)
Allsorts Mon 19-Feb-24 18:07:06

Does anyone else dislike the slurping Pot Noodle advert disgusting

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 19-Feb-24 18:20:42

I haven’t seen it. The one I find disgusting is the woman with her ‘bulky pee pads’ ‘letting it all go’. 🤮

Skydancer Mon 19-Feb-24 18:28:38

Most adverts now are appalling. I agree GSM about the bulky pee pads. Awful. I often record programmes and skip the adverts. The only ones I enjoy are the Specsavers ones which can be quite funny.

Dinahmo Mon 19-Feb-24 18:29:36

There is a new one to do with loo paper.And yes, the pot noodles is disgusting.

MissAdventure Mon 19-Feb-24 18:31:22

I can't stand adverts, full stop.
Using cartoon creatures to advertise things to grown adults seems to be the absolute height of stupidity, to me.

I do like the haribo ads, though.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 19-Feb-24 18:33:43

We generally record programmes and fast forward during the ads, but sometimes you just can’t escape them and the ‘pee pads’ one and the ghastly one with a dreadful man advertising holidays and jumping into the pool are just beyond awful.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 19-Feb-24 18:35:50

I don’t watch adverts. If a programme I want to watch is on a commercial channel, I record it and fast forward through the adverts.

Auntieflo Mon 19-Feb-24 18:35:53

Absolutely agree. It is horrid.

Millie22 Mon 19-Feb-24 18:35:57

Currys

Absolute nonsense.

BlueBelle Mon 19-Feb-24 18:37:05

Yes I agree GSM the pee pads is an awful advert
Like you missA I rather like the Haribo one but it doesn’t make me go out and buy then
Can’t say I ve notice the pot noodle one but I do like pot noodles

MissAdventure Mon 19-Feb-24 18:39:05

The ads for sanitary towels, which for years people didn't like, as they showed blue liquid, now show the pads with red liquid on.
It's not too much of an improvement, really.

Lexisgranny Mon 19-Feb-24 18:47:39

The pee pad advertisement is truly dreadful. Also I can’t imagine why any model/actor would want to appear in one, surely this must limit the range of other job offers that they might hope for
We always try to record programmes that we want to watch that are on the commercial stations, they seem to be unnecessary graphic, or seem to bear no relation whatsoever to the product which they are advertising.

merlotgran Mon 19-Feb-24 18:48:42

Germanshepherdsmum

I haven’t seen it. The one I find disgusting is the woman with her ‘bulky pee pads’ ‘letting it all go’. 🤮

If she’s did she’d be lying in a puddle!

MissAdventure Mon 19-Feb-24 18:49:36

I go and do s bit of housework while the ads are on.
Its surprising how much you can get done!

Oregano Mon 19-Feb-24 18:52:25

I hate the one for Kleenex tissues where everyone is wiping their noses on their sleeve or jumper, horrible!

Hellogirl1 Mon 19-Feb-24 18:56:42

I love the one with the tiny girl going to buy her mum some chocolate, and paying with buttons and a tiny toy. Then the kindly shopkeeper gives her her "change", the toy.

MissAdventure Mon 19-Feb-24 18:57:26

Oh yes.
That's a nice one. smile

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 19-Feb-24 19:00:04

Yes, it’s lovely.

MissAdventure Mon 19-Feb-24 19:02:20

I liked one years ago, for British meat, I think.
It was an elderly couple, with 'I got you, babe' playing as the soundtrack.

Chocolatelovinggran Mon 19-Feb-24 19:06:29

I'm with you MissAdventure- I've just popped up to mop the loo floor in the ad break.
My bete noise is one for a legal firm ( aka ambulance chasers) which offers to prosecute the landlord if your rental property has mould.
It appears to have drawn the actors from.the local Co Op players ( with apologies to any GNetters involved with their local Co Op am dram group)

Witzend Mon 19-Feb-24 19:06:43

Those I find daftest at the moment are all those fabric conditioner ones - WAY more fresh!!! WHOOSH of fresh! etc. To me that just means more artificial stink!

I know they say that any sort of noticing of the ad - even loathing it - means it’s worked, but not in this case since I never use fabric conditioner any more anyway.

We do mostly record and zoom through ads though.

merlotgran Mon 19-Feb-24 19:26:03

Hellogirl1

I love the one with the tiny girl going to buy her mum some chocolate, and paying with buttons and a tiny toy. Then the kindly shopkeeper gives her her "change", the toy.

I don’t really understand that advert. Are they on a film set?

Actually I find the shopkeeper a bit creepy. 😱

MissAdventure Mon 19-Feb-24 19:29:16

Are you using a 'flash's mop, perchance?
As advertised by a white poodle and some buffoon singing Queen music?

Dickens Mon 19-Feb-24 20:12:19

Germanshepherdsmum

🙄🙄

Quite.

Do we really need to know?!

Ugh

Calendargirl Mon 19-Feb-24 20:28:30

Have never eaten a pot noodle in my life, and after seeing that advert, am sure I never will.

🤮