Gransnet forums

Webchats

Live webchat with Judy Finnigan - Weds 20 March 1-2pm

(99 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:50:59

Not only famous for her long-running television partnership with husband Richard Madeley and the most famous book club in Britain, but a successful author herself to boot. Her debut novel, Eloise, became a Sunday Times bestseller in 2012 and is newly released in paperback.

So we're delighted that Judy Finnigan will be joining us at GNHQ on Weds 20 March for a live webchat. Plus... we have a signed copy of Eloise to give away to someone who posts a question. Judy will pick the winner on the day.

annemac101 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:15:16

I've just read Judy's book on my kindle and I must say I loved it. I loved the way she described the Cornish coast ,very poetic. I didn't like the husband in the book and the way his wife seemed so dependant on him. But it was a great read and I would recommend it to anyone. I'd like to ask Judy if she has started another book and if she would tell us what it's about.

wallers5 Fri 08-Mar-13 10:46:47

I thoroughly enjoyed Judy's first book and would love to read Eloise. She loves Cornwall & so do I. I admire her for her Book Club which has brought many interesting books to the fore. I wonder which is her favourite book that she has recommended. I enjoyed the Kate Mosse Carcassone ones.

glassortwo Fri 08-Mar-13 11:01:30

Hi Judy welcome to Gransnet.

I want to thank you for some of the fantastic books I have read through the book club. I remember seeing you on This Morning years ago and you mentioning how you would love to write, and I wonder how it now feels to have achieved your ambition.

Jadey Fri 08-Mar-13 12:05:35

My question to Judy would be how did you adapt to being off air after having that life for so long.

helenclare Fri 08-Mar-13 12:17:01

Hi Judy

Not sure if its true but were you born at Beech Mount maternity home as I was sixty two years ago. Moved to Cheshire and now on the Isle of Wight but such happy memories of my beginnings.

Helen

glammanana Fri 08-Mar-13 13:44:18

Hi Judy Congrats on you new book I have always followed you recommendations for books to read and found them mostly to my taste what a great change of career for you,do you see yourself as continuing to write and to keep the topic's of your writings in the Cornish area or further afield ?.Well done you. glamma.

lyndyloo Fri 08-Mar-13 15:02:12

Saw Judy Finnegan on Daybreak when she was promoting her book. It sounds a fantastic read. I spent many holidays in Cornwall. I have some Cornish relations and my dearest friend is from Cornwall. I would love to win this book

messenger Fri 08-Mar-13 15:02:55

Hello Judy..I have always wanted to be a writer but never had the confidence to attempt to write a book, I am attempting to write a short story but I find excuses not to continue so congratulations YOU are now what I would like to be....a WRITER.smile

Grannyknot Fri 08-Mar-13 19:07:12

Hi Judy, we have come to know you as a television presenter and are familiar with your public persona. What are you like in private?

hiddenmichelle Sat 09-Mar-13 14:51:24

Hi Judy

As a student in Liverpool, I remember going down to the docks to see Fred do the weather and to try and peak through the smoky glass into the This Morning studios! Apart from yourself and Richard, Fred doing the weather was one of my favourite parts of the show. My question is, "Do you miss anything about the show at all?"

Yvonne54 Sat 09-Mar-13 15:05:38

Hi Judy,
Looking forward to 'hearing you though Gransnet'.... maybe one day my 'novel' will grace the bookshelves alongside yours ;-) Yvonne

pennwood Sat 09-Mar-13 15:10:51

Where do you get your inspiration for your writing from, & how motivated are you once you commence writing?

alisch Sat 09-Mar-13 16:44:33

congratulations on your book!

Which has given you the most fulfillment presenting or writing??

Loved your book recomendations.

lillian Sat 09-Mar-13 17:06:35

Hi Judy, i am so thrilled you are to be on gransnet,myself and my book club have always followed your book choice and have been extremely happy with your selection, i can't wait to read your new book Eloise.congratulations.i will look forwrd to Wed.21st March...Lillian

Micah68 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:37:58

I would like to ask Judy if any visitor on the show inspired her to learn a new skill or take up a new hobby.

watsoa Sat 09-Mar-13 20:43:11

During your TV shows there was always a lot of banter and friendly witticism between yourself and Richard, while you were writing your book did Richard stay out of your way or was he there to give constructive help and criticism.

angiesandhu Sat 09-Mar-13 22:11:04

I havent read the new book yet. Do you plan on continuing to write more books? and if so what other styles of story would you do? ie murder mystery. comedy etc

purplehairstreak Sun 10-Mar-13 19:06:56

Hi Judy,

I'm planning to read your book asap - have just come back from 2 months away in US visiting family & granddaughter & heard your recent chat with Graham Norton on R2.

Would love to know if you now prefer writing & being alone to being up front on air and if you see this as your future career? If so, do you feel this is a natural career development for you - to move away from presenting live to presenting your ideas, thoughts, life experiences etc. in the form of the novel?

Looking forward to what promises to be an excellent read, so thanks in advance!

Kizzie Tue 12-Mar-13 10:52:35

Haven't read your book yet, but hope to soon. Do you find it easier to write in the calming peaceful atmosphere of Cornwall?

northerngran Tue 12-Mar-13 11:54:15

Hello Judy

You moved down south a few years back after living and working in my neck of the woods. Do you miss the north? I would grin

fruitloop Tue 12-Mar-13 11:56:08

Dear Judy, I would love to know what made you make the jump from recommending books to writing them and whether it was something you took to instantly or you had to really work at?

floribunda Tue 12-Mar-13 11:59:40

The recommendations of the Richard and Judy book club are probably the benchmark of what's hot and what's not for many avid readers - so did you feel a huge amount of pressure for your own book to match up to the quality of the ones you have picked out in the past?

cinnamonstix Wed 13-Mar-13 10:12:43

Hi Judy - you're often seen in the celeb world as 'Richard and Judy' - a duo, like 'Ant and Dec'. You both have spent years creating the 'Richard and Judy' brand. How does it feel to step away from that and going solo with your book?

applepie Wed 13-Mar-13 10:15:08

Hello. Following on from cinnamonstix, are you a feminist? What's it like being branded by your marriage? Did you ever think, hey, why can't we be 'Judy and Richard'?!