Gransnet forums

Webchats

Sex and relationships webchat with Trudy Hannington

(162 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 30-Oct-14 15:50:10

Trudy Hannington is a Psychosexual Therapist and is the Chair of The College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT). Highly qualified in this field, Trudy has NHS contracts with Doncaster and Bassetlaw PCTs and also sees patients on a private basis.

Trudy will be joining Gransnet for the first time for a 'late night' webchat answering questions on all aspects of sex and relationships.

It may be that you have questions on your relationship as you both get older and it evolves. Perhaps you have worries about sexual difficulties experienced by yourself or your partner, or maybe you would like to ask about the changes that menopause brings about and how to address those in the context of a healthy sex life.

There may even be questions you have about dating again following divorce or the loss of your partner.

Whether your question relates to your own body or desires or your partner's, or if you're concerned about the way society's attitudes to sex may be changing, Trudy is highly experienced in this field.

And, for the first time in Gransnet's history we will be inviting you (should you wish) to request a new username so that you can be confident in complete anonymity in this sensitive area. To request a change in username just email us at [email protected].

Please post your questions here and make a date in your diary for this important topic for 12 November at 6pm.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 30-Oct-14 18:06:27

Late night? 6 pm? confused

janerowena Thu 30-Oct-14 18:11:06

Obviously cocoa and bed time.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong?

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 30-Oct-14 18:33:16

Name changing? shock Since when did Gransnetters become so coy? Wouldn't have been felt necessary in Geraldine's time

Ana Thu 30-Oct-14 18:54:11

Oh, who decided to put 'late night'? hmm 'Evening' would have been fine, and not so....silly!

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 30-Oct-14 20:00:21

Perhaps the thinking behind it is that "late night" makes it sound sexier. Sort of - "you and me baby, under the covers". With the light on.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 30-Oct-14 20:00:55

I mean "off"! blush

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 30-Oct-14 20:02:12

Large amount of crossed legs thighs are not sexy.

rosequartz Thu 30-Oct-14 20:16:04

12 November?

Oh dear, think I have a date!

With DGD2.

janerowena Thu 30-Oct-14 20:40:47

When you think that most of these things have a head shot only, all that bare expanse of thigh does seem a bit suggestive of things not cerebral.

FarNorth Fri 31-Oct-14 07:52:29

Just what I was thinking. Maybe it's to jog our memories of what we are supposed to asking about - what was that, again?

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 31-Oct-14 11:05:48

grin !

Grannyknot Fri 31-Oct-14 11:06:51

Hi Trudy, thank you for coming on Gransnet. I don't have any questions, I'm quite happy with my relationship and my body, my partner's and our desires. I just thought it would make a change hearing from someone in our age group who is entirely satisfied.

I do struggle with the way sex is portrayed in films and other media now,as compared to when I was young, because I feel that the boundaries of what is acceptable are constantly being pushed. Is there an answer to how that can be challenged in our society? (I don't think so, other than looking after one's own sensibilities). Just the other night, my husband and I looked at each other and simultaneously said "I can't watch this" and turned off a film we had been waiting to see for a while.

Sapphyr Fri 31-Oct-14 11:57:27

It's not that late as the love of my life does not return from his day's grind until 18:35 smile

constance Fri 31-Oct-14 12:04:11

I remember watching a tv drama series called Tell Me You Love Me which showed sexual encounters in a non-shocking, quite matter of fact way, and included an older woman as one character, who was the therapist. I do remember being surprised when it showed her and her equally 'mature' husband...
I thought it quite refreshing that the grey-haired couple weren't just portrayed as ready for Horlicks and nothing else!

Shows how unusual that is for me to remember - you hardly ever see passion between older people on tv.

kittylester Fri 31-Oct-14 13:34:10

I agree Grannyknot. Despite being really, really old with one or two minor health issues, DH and I are quite 'satisfied'!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 31-Oct-14 13:34:18

Anyway, if we change our name to ask a question, they'll still know who it is at HQ! shock

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 31-Oct-14 13:35:45

I'm not saying I've got a question! I could make some up though

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 31-Oct-14 13:36:36

Only joking Luce. smile

Grannyknot Fri 31-Oct-14 15:29:19

kitty wink smile

rosequartz Fri 31-Oct-14 18:18:10

Last Tango on Gransnet! grin

janerowena Fri 31-Oct-14 19:16:39

It's a shame we can't think of anything to ask. I do hope there are others asking behind the scenes. I've been wracking my brains, but frankly I am realistic enough to know that any problems I may have with DBH in the future, lovely as he is, would be easily solvable with the aid of a size ten blonde 25 year old in the nude.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 31-Oct-14 20:54:03

Don't worry jingl - we promise we'll forget any pseudonyms the minute they're changed wink Also, it's a bit later we wish than we're usually seen at HQ! I'm voting for wine and pizza to sustain us...

Galen Fri 31-Oct-14 21:23:25

For heavens sake! If we have questions at our time pf life, as an intelligent bunch, I hope we would have asked them and got answered by now!

Ana Fri 31-Oct-14 21:52:16

I agree, Galen!