Gransnet forums

Webchats

Facebook Live with Dr Rangan Chatterjee at 2:30pm Friday 5 January

(28 Posts)
silverlining48 Sat 23-Dec-17 18:23:02

Pretty much the same here. Cant remember the last full nights sleep. If i dont go to bed later than about 10.30pm i go to sleep fairly quickly, but then wake about 12.30, 2 am, 3.45, 5 am etc etc. So no longer than about 90 minutes at a time.
I too use zopiclone to help, they work but i still wake early. i am only given 14 at a time so try to conserve them.
If i go to bed later than 11 pm i can lay awake for hours, last night it was 3 hours awake followed by stop start dozing.
Are there any tablets which i could take on a more regular basis but which are perhaps not as strong or addictive as zopicline, or does it matter if i become a little addicted at this stage in my life - late sixties.
I worry that i have so little quality sleep i am damaging my health.
Help please!

Marmight Fri 22-Dec-17 14:57:10

Oooh, the lovely Dr Chatterjee! I really enjoy watching your programmes. I hopefully won't be awake to join the FB live on 5 January (I'm on hols in Oz and it'll be 1.30am) but I'm interested in hearing your comments on sleep, specifically on how to achieve a good night's kip without resorting to the dreaded zoplicone which I do very occasionally when really stressed. I used to sleep like a log but since being widowed 5 years ago, it has evaded me.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 22-Dec-17 10:40:40

At 2:30pm on Friday 5 January, we'll be joined by BBC's 'Doctor in the House', Dr Rangan Chatterjee, for our first ever Facebook Live! He'll be talking to us about his book, The Four Pillar Plan, and offering advice on how to get a good night's sleep, plus techniques to help you keep active each day.

We'll be taking questions for Dr Chatterjee during the Facebook Live. In addition to the above topics, he's also happy to answer questions on stress and menopause, which he discusses in his new book.

Join us on our Facebook page on 5 January where you can post your questions in the comments box. If you've got a burning question, but can't join us on the day, please post your questions on this thread and we'll try and include them in the interview.

Everyone who likes the Gransnet Facebook page and comments on the Facebook Live (or on this thread) will be entered into a draw to win a signed copy of The Four Pillar Plan!