Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

I start my new job tomorrow

(26 Posts)
frida Sun 21-Aug-11 14:35:19

and I am quaking in my boots, I haven't felt like this since I was 15 and starting 'Saturday' job at Woolworths, stomach churning, sweaty palms, can't eat, can't sleep, they've chosen the wrong person.

jangly Sun 21-Aug-11 15:05:05

Nothey haven't chosen the wrong person!! grin

You'll just have to sit it out and wait till tomorrow comes around.

I always said to my children when they were starting holiday jobs, you can always walk out if you hate it. They never did, and neither will you.

yogagran Sun 21-Aug-11 15:20:50

Wishing you the very best of luck frida, I'm sure you'll cope admirably smile.
Let us know how it goes

greenmossgiel Sun 21-Aug-11 15:35:48

Best of luck frida! This time tomorrow, you'll look back and wonder what you'd been worrying about! Let us know how you get on? smile

GoldenGran Sun 21-Aug-11 18:30:32

Good luck Frida, and enjoy!smile

FlicketyB Sun 21-Aug-11 19:20:55

Remember they offered you the job because you were better than the competition.

Ariadne Sun 21-Aug-11 20:00:48

All will be well! You're a woman, can't go wrong, then.

glassortwo Sun 21-Aug-11 20:02:17

Good luck for tomorrow Frida

Jacey Sun 21-Aug-11 20:30:03

Best wishes for your new job Frida

glammanana Sun 21-Aug-11 23:40:58

Best wishes for to-morrow you'll be great.

GrannyTunnocks Mon 22-Aug-11 05:45:51

Good luck. You will be fine.

Faye Mon 22-Aug-11 06:15:12

Best wishes for today frida.... Let us know how you went! smile

frida Tue 23-Aug-11 19:27:57

omg, what a disaster ! i was so nervous i vomited on the way and thought i would pass out, 1st day was ok, couldn't sleep from 1am this morning, vomited again on the way there, had a panic attack when i couldn''t understand all the IT stuff, burst into tears three times, quit. don't know what to do now, OH thinks I waqs brill to get the job, haven't told him yet that I quit, still throwing up

Acheron Tue 23-Aug-11 19:31:52

Oh poor you. That sounds awful. Nerves are terrible things.

glassortwo Tue 23-Aug-11 19:35:51

Oh Frida, you must have been in a terrible state. Have you told the company you are not going back?

greenmossgiel Tue 23-Aug-11 19:36:00

Oh frida - don't despair. I wonder if you've had some sort of bug? Could you perhaps phone in tomorrow morning and explain that you may have been panicking because you wanted the job so much and you'd picked up a bug and were worried about not being able to keep the job because of it? If you're still throwing up, it doesn't sound like nerves. Don't give up?

Baggy Tue 23-Aug-11 19:39:46

Oh frida! Poor you! Do hope you're better soon. I'm sure your DH will understand if you tell him what has happened.

Faye Tue 23-Aug-11 22:30:36

That was a horrible experience for you frida, I hope you are okay now and have sorted things out. DH will understand!!

glammanana Tue 23-Aug-11 22:47:01

Oh frida you poor thing here's hoping you feel a bit better now and I'm sure DH will be fine as long as you are ok,I'd do as green suggested and telephone them to-morrow and explain how nervious you where they will surely understand

glammanana Wed 24-Aug-11 18:16:38

Hey frida how are you to-day better I hope?

frida Wed 24-Aug-11 19:38:04

thank-you all for your kind words, I feel better in myself ie not panicky but have had a bit of a temperature and upset tummy, thankfully, one of the secretaries phoned up to see how I was and said 'the boss' hopes I'll go back after the bank holiday weekend.

greenmossgiel Wed 24-Aug-11 19:43:09

Oh frida, I'm so glad! You'll be just fine when you go back. At least you've met everyone, and have a good idea of what the job entails now, and if the 'boss' hopes you'll go back after the weekend that means it'll all be ok! Have a nice restful weekend and look after yourself. smile

glassortwo Wed 24-Aug-11 20:59:52

frida have a rest over the weekend and go back in on Tuesday knowing that you cant have been too bad if the boss is hoping your going back. You will be fine, you got over the worst of it the first couple of days.

GrannyTunnocks Wed 24-Aug-11 21:55:39

Have a nice relaxing weekend and make a fresh start on tuesday.

glammanana Wed 24-Aug-11 22:04:07

What a nice Company to telephone and ask how you are,take it easy and enjoy on Tuesdayx